PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Mmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weather Fix Cab

So, yesterday I made my first font set and cab file. Unfortunately, I had the current temp display issue on my Weather tab.

I tried Showaco's cab in Godzson's thread and the 72ac571f_manila file in this thread (and others), but they didn't work so I was gonna ask for help. But then I edited the file instead (see screenshots below). My Touch Pro is running MR 4.16 (WM 6.1). I have attached a cab containing the 72ac571f_manila which I took from my rom and edited. Maybe it'll work for someone else. xoxo Maureen

Please note: The only mod made to the file was changing the font size for the current temp display. If it doesn't work, simply uninstall it in "Remove Programs" and reset your device.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weathernomods.jpg (104.0 KB, 99 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg weathermanila.JPG (103.0 KB, 86 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg weatherfixed.jpg (101.8 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab weatherfix1.cab (15.9 KB, 73 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Weather Fix Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmaureenn View Post
So, yesterday I made my first font set and cab file. Unfortunately, I had the current temp display issue on my Weather tab.

I tried Showaco's cab in Godzson's thread and the 72ac571f_manila file in this thread (and others), but they didn't work so I was gonna ask for help. But then I edited the file instead (see screenshots below). My Touch Pro is running MR 4.16 (WM 6.1). I have attached a cab containing the 72ac571f_manila which I took from my rom and edited. Maybe it'll work for someone else. xoxo Maureen

Please note: The only mod made to the file was changing the font size for the current temp display. If it doesn't work, simply uninstall it in "Remove Programs" and reset your device.
Thanks for checking into that! I did some digging into how I made the font CABs in the first place. I actually put that manila file into these font cabs to fix the weather tab issue. Strange that's it's resurfaced, but it may only be on the font CABs that the font is naturally bigger.

Would you mind if I attach this file to one the first few threads so that anyone trying to fix it has it available right up front?

EDIT: I just realized that this happened on the font CAB that you made yourself. Lol. It would still be awesome if I could attach that fix cab to the first post so that anyone that does make their own fonts can grab it.

Last edited by Kliptik; 08-23-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Font CABs

Thanks so much for the cabs Gonna try a few today!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Mmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Thanks for checking into that! I did some digging into how I made the font CABs in the first place. I actually put that manila file into these font cabs to fix the weather tab issue. Strange that's it's resurfaced, but it may only be on the font CABs that the font is naturally bigger.

Would you mind if I attach this file to one the first few threads so that anyone trying to fix it has it available right up front?

EDIT: I just realized that this happened on the font CAB that you made yourself. Lol. It would still be awesome if I could attach that fix cab to the first post so that anyone that does make their own fonts can grab it.
Of course you can. I hope it helps someone else. I have explained the fix in detail below in case anyone making fonts is interested. My current font cab contains four fonts (which is how I figured this out), reg and bold system font and two "pretty" fonts for show in TF3D (see pics below for example and fixed weather tab). I'll probably post it when I post the theme. I think it might be best to keep the fix separate, since that particular manila file may vary.

I realized that the manila in your cab (and the other fixes I've seen) tried to change the position of the current temp numbers rather than adjust the font size. So I looked at every reference to fonts in the weather tab mode 9 file. I knew that manila calls both Helv Roman and Helv Thin. Figured out that the Helv Thin is only called for the tab title (both in the tab and on the scroll shade) and the current temp. Found the references (I think there are four) to Helv Thin that related to temp and changed the font size from "85" to "60".

Each number is allowed an average space of 45 px X 85 px. The larger fonts require more space than that when they're sized at 85. One way to check is to measure its pixel size in a paint program when it's at 85. If it's larger than 45 px x 85 px, you'll need to decrease the font size until it fits into the space allowed, then edit the manila to that smaller font size. 60 px seemed pretty universal to me, and it displays nicely even with a font that isn't too big. Anyway, with that theory in mind, one could conceivably customize the manila to suit each font exactly without compromising the integrity of the tab.

xoxo Maureen

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Of course you can. I hope it helps someone else. I have explained the fix in detail below in case anyone making fonts is interested. My current font cab contains four fonts (which is how I figured this out), reg and bold system font and two "pretty" fonts for show in TF3D (see pics below for example and fixed weather tab). I'll probably post it when I post the theme. I think it might be best to keep the fix separate, since that particular manila file may vary.

I realized that the manila in your cab (and the other fixes I've seen) tried to change the position of the current temp numbers rather than adjust the font size. So I looked at every reference to fonts in the weather tab mode 9 file. I knew that manila calls both Helv Roman and Helv Thin. Figured out that the Helv Thin is only called for the tab title (both in the tab and on the scroll shade) and the current temp. Found the references (I think there are four) to Helv Thin that related to temp and changed the font size from "85" to "60".

Each number is allowed an average space of 45 px X 85 px. The larger fonts require more space than that when they're sized at 85. One way to check is to measure its pixel size in a paint program when it's at 85. If it's larger than 45 px x 85 px, you'll need to decrease the font size until it fits into the space allowed, then edit the manila to that smaller font size. 60 px seemed pretty universal to me, and it displays nicely even with a font that isn't too big. Anyway, with that theory in mind, one could conceivably customize the manila to suit each font exactly without compromising the integrity of the tab.

xoxo Maureen
Thanks for the explanation! You know a TON more about manila files than I do!!! Instead of attaching the CAB to the first post, I put a link to your post. That way you'll get the "Thanks" for it.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

Nice theme Mmaureenn!!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Thanks for the explanation! You know a TON more about manila files than I do!!!
Just to clarify, I know a lot about graphics and image mapping, a good amount about programming code in general, and not so much about manila. But I'm learning. I managed to change the text color in my Comm Mgr tab to white so I could read it and I'm going to attempt to add the title text in my calendar tab. I'm about to try my hand at Lua... all in an effort to change the current day focus color from green to pink in my calendar tab. I found the code line for it using notepad, thought it was a Mode 9 file, d/l'd M9 Editor only to discover that it is actually a Lua file. Down the rabbit hole I go again. LOL

Here's something interesting, though. When I was reading the code in the weather mode 9, I found an entry which refers to an "easter egg"... Not sure if it means anything - well, I'm sure it does, but normally they're some sort of hidden thing that's triggered by a specific event. Curiouser and curiouser. Maybe it's just a title, since the component containing the temperature data is called "GizmoRoot".

Quote:
Instead of attaching the CAB to the first post, I put a link to your post. That way you'll get the "Thanks" for it.
Thank you. That was very thoughtful.

xoxo Maureen
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Thanks for the font cabs, this is why i love ppcgeeks, everyone works together so that we can all have kickass phones. Im loading some onto my phone now. Ill take a couple screenshots of each and upload them as soon as im done so that others know what they will look like.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

AgencyFB

BankGothic - numbers on clock display as periods when slider is over clock.

Candara

Copperplate - numbers on clock display as periods when slider is over clock.

Eccentric - numbers on clock display as periods when slider is over clock.

Informal Roman - some clipping

IrisUPC

Lithos Pro

Nyala

Orator - numbers on clock display as periods when slider is over clock.

Papyrus

Trajan Pro - numbers on clock display as periods when slider is over clock.

Last edited by pyro254750; 08-24-2009 at 01:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
Thanks for the font cabs, this is why i love ppcgeeks, everyone works together so that we can all have kickass phones. Im loading some onto my phone now. Ill take a couple screenshots of each and upload them as soon as im done so that others know what they will look like.
Thanks for posting up those pics!!!

EDIT: PS - Where'd you get the Start Menu icon set? I've been looking for a good one...

Last edited by Kliptik; 08-24-2009 at 01:40 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
font, system font, tf3d font, titanium font