PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Screen becomes discolored when pressure is applied...

Hey all,

For whatever reason, whenever I press on my screen, the entire screen will become discolored - the blacks turn blueish, and the whites turn yellow-ish. The instant that the pressure is released, the screen returns to normal.

I would assume that this is a bad or loose connector to the screen. I am about to use the teardown thread to take the cover off and re-connect whatever is loose...

Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions?

I do have total coverage via insurance (just had it replaced 1 month ago due to a failed keyboard) but, if I can do a quick fix on my own, I would prefer that...

Thanks,

Matt!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:27 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Touch Pro Screen becomes discolored when pressure is applied...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerQ View Post
Hey all,

For whatever reason, whenever I press on my screen, the entire screen will become discolored - the blacks turn blueish, and the whites turn yellow-ish. The instant that the pressure is released, the screen returns to normal.

I would assume that this is a bad or loose connector to the screen. I am about to use the teardown thread to take the cover off and re-connect whatever is loose...

I do have total coverage via insurance (just had it replaced 1 month ago due to a failed keyboard) but, if I can do a quick fix on my own, I would prefer that...

Thanks,

Matt!
If you're still within 30 days, get it replaced again.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

i had that same problem just had them send me a new in box one.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerQ View Post
Hey all,

Thanks,

Matt!
Just take the phone back to get it fixed or replaced. God forbid you try to do it yourself and some how you manage to screw up and make things worst to where you now have to take it back anyway. Of course I am not implying you can't do it, but it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to just exchange it or put a new screen on it.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 PM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Just take the phone back to get it fixed or replaced. God forbid you try to do it yourself and some how you manage to screw up and make things worst to where you now have to take it back anyway. Of course I am not implying you can't do it, but it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to just exchange it or put a new screen on it.
Agreed...especially if your within 30 days of the replacement.

The 2 times I've had my phone replaced (Mogul with a Refurb and TP with a New TP) I go over it so carefully and run it stock for the first 30 days looking for an excuse to replace it again (I call it my preventative maintenance).
Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work

Same thing happening to me. There's a part of me that suspects my Mogul's magnetic case to be the culpret but I'm not sure. Either way, I plan to take mine in but I might just wait a while till after the TP2 comes out.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Originally Posted by djheir View Post
Same thing happening to me. There's a part of me that suspects my Mogul's magnetic case to be the culpret but I'm not sure. Either way, I plan to take mine in but I might just wait a while till after the TP2 comes out.
Your profile says you have a 6700, you're talking about a Mogul in a TP forum!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Iusacell

williegomezt is just getting started

I have the same problem but my phone is out of warranty. If I buy an new LCS screen and replace it, would that fix the problem?

Any help is appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro