PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
SOLVED! alarm only plays first second of sound cut off by reminder sound

I am having an issue that I just cannot figure out. somehow I broke my alarm sounds and I do not remember what I did. When I set an alarm it goes off and plays the correct sound but the sound gets cut off immediately. does anyone know what could cause this? registry setting somewhere maybe? using erice 23016 kitchen with custom oems and modified sys files. I am wondering what sys and oems are related to alarm sounds?

OK here's the answer: from post 8:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications]
"MuteSoundOnClose"=dword:0
"AlertInterrupt"=dword:0

cabbed it for anyone:
Attached Files
File Type: cab raidzero alarm fix.cab (1.2 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by raidzero; 08-13-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: alarm only plays first second of sound

Did you try a different sound file? Does it continue to vibrate even if the sound gets cut off?

Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

I have tried many sounds and they all do the same thing. it does not vibrate at all
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW
Carrier: Verizon

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor

This is a known WM6.5 alarm bug. The system notification mutes the alarm after it wakes up. You have to use G-Alarm or other Alarm softwares for this.

Good luck!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

AH HA! well that makes sense and I guess I will stop worrying about it.... I never use the alarm, I have an old dumbphone that is my alarm clock. though it did work yesterday for me when I tested it...
Old 08-13-2009, 02:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

the more I think about it the more I remember yesterday on a different build (same SYS files) the alarm functionality worked perfectly. I don't think this is the mentioned bug,,,
Old 08-13-2009, 03:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: alarm only plays first second of sound cut off by reminder sound

Now the alarm goes off, but it is cut short by the windows reminder sound, the same one for calendar appointments. how to prevent this behavior??
Old 08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: SOLVED! alarm only plays first second of sound cut off by reminder sound

here it is

THANKS DCD!!!

"MuteSoundOnClose"=dword:0
"AlertInterrupt"=dword:0
Old 08-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

quote post #8 in your original post and that would help people looking for this problem
just my 3 cents
Old 08-13-2009, 05:03 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Definitely added this to my favorites...I just loaded a 6.5 ROM after debating to go back to it after I didn't like the interface.

I rely on alarms occasionally, so this may have to be implemented at some point!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro