PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   whats the best and most stable 6.5 rom? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79096)

jateshk 08-12-2009 02:21 PM

whats the best and most stable 6.5 rom?

There are so many? Ive never done a cooked rom. I want to upgrate to 6.5 What the best rom out there right now?

raidzero 08-12-2009 02:24 PM

Re: whats the best and most stable 6.5 rom?

All of them
this gets asked so many times. there is no answer. you have to try them and see. it's not like you can only flash your phone so many times. I have flashed a LOT, I am into cooking ROM's and on a cooking day I flash probably 20 times.. it's all about personal preference!

Jackietreehorn 08-12-2009 02:25 PM

Unfortunately, there truly isn't one definitive answer. Different strokes for different folks if you will. Everyone is going to have their own opinion. Just take a look in the rom threads to get a feel for what the differences are and pick the most interesting one to you...or hopefully you'll get a few answers from people chipping in their opinions to at least get a starting point.

jateshk 08-12-2009 02:47 PM

so what what to starte with mighty one or the baseline one?

raidzero 08-12-2009 02:51 PM

heh baseline is mine, if you want no frills go with mine, if you want more stuff out of the box go with mighty or any of the other ones. dcd, copper, and jakdillard's are all pretty barebones too.

jateshk 08-12-2009 02:54 PM

would the no frills one be faster then mighty?

Im really thinking between mighty and yours (baseline)

askwhy 08-12-2009 03:00 PM

Can we get it over with and just sticky *this* thread, and not inside of the consolidated stickies thread, but right in plain view where anyone who clicks the 'New Thread' button with the intent to post this question will literally have to move their cursor within an inch of the exact same [fruitless] question they are about to post?

There is no best, except what's best for you.

raidzero 08-12-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jateshk (Post 1097004)
would the no frills one be faster then mighty?

Im really thinking between mighty and yours (baseline)

theoretically, yes. The less you have running the more resources (free ram, free cpu cycles) you have and the more resources available to your programs, the faster they appear. I tried mighty once and it wasn't for me. but it's obviously for somebody, look how many users he's got! lol

the no frills comes at a cost though, some stuff won't work if it depends on stuff I did install like some of the HTC apps. Be prepared to install more cabs than normal.