PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro MightyRom6(7-18-09)
Carrier: Sprint (sero 500 F&F)

craig198 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyone think a pro/con thread for at least top 10 roms would be good?

anyone think a pro/con thread for at least top 10 roms would be good? that way newbies like me would be able to figure out which is best for my needs?
right now im running mighty rom 6.5 and its very nice(never used stock rom as i flashed as soon as i got phone) mighty's latest though does have some lag issues like texting and various other menu switching. sometimes scrolling as well lags.
if there is such a thread maybe someone could point me to it. thanks.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:48 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: anyone think a pro/con thread for at least top 10 roms would be good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig198 View Post
anyone think a pro/con thread for at least top 10 roms would be good? that way newbies like me would be able to figure out which is best for my needs?
right now im running mighty rom 6.5 and its very nice(never used stock rom as i flashed as soon as i got phone) mighty's latest though does have some lag issues like texting and various other menu switching. sometimes scrolling as well lags.
if there is such a thread maybe someone could point me to it. thanks.
I think it would just turn into a who likes which ROM better thread personally.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
I think it would just turn into a who likes which ROM better thread personally.
yeah your right. not that im asking someone to go through the trouble. but it would have to be a closed list summary. this rom does this this this and this and so on. geared for this kind of user. download latest version here. would be pretty nice but again not wanting to take someones time up like that. thanks for hearing me out.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:11 AM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

Which 10 are the top ten?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

pro/con? its all personal preference as long as its stable. and if its not stable, users make that abundantly clear. so having somebody reviewing the roms for their own use would mean absolutely nothing to other users unless they intend to use the phone the same way that the reviewer plans to.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Dual
Carrier: Bell

dupster is a n00b
Smile Re: anyone think a pro/con thread for at least top 10 roms would be good?

I agree with everyone that this will end up just being a pissing contest... but what would be nice to know is which one has the LONGEST BATTERY LIFE (for CDMA ROMS) !!! I've been using Juicy 8 and it works great, but battery life isnt as good...

Just my two cents
Old 08-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

As a guy who flashes very little (2-3 times a device) i think in theory, a pro/con rom thread sounds good. I just cant see it going as well as we would hope. Ive personally found the best way to find a rom i like, is just to read the whole thread (a few times) of the particular rom im interested in. It takes a while, but at least i learn almost everything i need to know. Just my opinion.
dschoenike

Old 08-12-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

would i be correct in saying that mighty rom should be my first rom since its the biggest thread? 17000+ posts lol.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupster View Post
I agree with everyone that this will end up just being a pissing contest... but what would be nice to know is which one has the LONGEST BATTERY LIFE (for CDMA ROMS) !!! I've been using Juicy 8 and it works great, but battery life isnt as good...

Just my two cents
and there is so many variables in that too. you would have to run exact same tests in exact same spot and im sure there is much more i dont even know about to even get close to being accurate tests.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

If we could get a thread for bare bones roms with best performance / longest battery life maybe, anything more than that would deffinatly be a pissin match as dupster said. If they would list rom size, radio, and basic program package (note: smallest list as possible!) Then people could try them out and vote. They could state if it is a fast/stable/slow and battery life. I would keep the thread posts for chefs only and let the votes do the talking.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro