PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: alltell

neversummer17 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touchscreen starts up locked

I've tried searching for this issue but haven't had any luck finding a solution so sorry if this is a repeat.

This is the second time this has happened to me but my phone has the screen locked on it and I'm not able to slide it over to unlock it.

The issue arises I think because I had the phone locked when the battery died. So when it restarts it loads and goes straight into the screen lock. It never gets a chance to load the touchscreen so that you can use the slide.

The previous time I had this issue my phone, my battery eventually died and I left it for several days intending on sending it in because initially I thought it was a hardware issue. When I turned it back on it finally cleared that lock and the touchscreen program was able to load.

Soft resets do not work, taking the battery out for 10 mins doesn't work, and currently I'm unable to backup my contact list which is all I really care about. I cannot load new backups onto the phone and I can't use activesync since I cannot select the activesync tab when I plug it into a pc.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem? Is there any other way to unlock the screen without using the touchscreen? Or are there any programs out there that can backup the contact list without needing to perform a function on the phone? I'm thinking this will require a hard reset, but I'm very hesitant to lose my contact list to do so.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

neversummer17 is a n00b
Re: Touchscreen starts up locked

Oh and to clarify I'm using WM 6.5 and its the device lock that activates when I long press the end key that's causing the issue.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

neversummer17 is a n00b
Re: Touchscreen starts up locked

Nevermind, I did the hard reset and still can't use the touchscreen.
It must be a hardware issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro