PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7
Active Sync not connecting

This is the first time ive had this problem. Last time I was able to sync was the 7th. From there on whenever I hooked up my deivce to the computer via UBS the Internet Sharing would pop up. It doesnt do that anymore, it just starts to charge my computer. I went to Install the newest AS 4.5, did that but there really isnt any change, still not doing anything. I turned off my Firewall to see if that was the problem and still, nothing. I went to press the connect button and it has that COM 1-2 are not installed, COM 3 is avaliable, and my Infarend Point (IP) is not installed.
Could this possible be because of my ROM too? Im using "NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5 ROMs" --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516509
If that could be the problem I wouold gladly change it since ive been wanting to try out NRG's newest ROM..After searching that thread I did find multi people having problems with it. Im going to go flash a new ROM and that will most likely help..after backing up all my stuff

Old 08-11-2009, 03:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Active Sync not connecting

go to start settings connections usb to pc and make sure the activesync fast data synchronization is disabled. also have it prompt when you connect usb.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
go to start settings connections usb to pc and make sure the activesync fast data synchronization is disabled. also have it prompt when you connect usb.
Wow that worked! It did it, I did do a search on the forums, and google and it never told me about that. It was all about firewalls and setting on my pc and to upgrade to the newest version of ActiveSync. When I connect the UBS it still brings up the Internet Sharing tab tho and it looks like it starts to connect to something, idk but thank you very much.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

no problem, happy to help. check "Ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to the PC" in start > settings > connections > USB to PC.

the latest USB to PC (which is in use in NFSFAN) has this enabled by default. I have not yet figured out how to disable this in the kitchen.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Glad you got it working....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro