PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cab that tricks Phone into thinking its charging via Charger vs USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
I always thought pulling more power from usb port could damage the port...
It can and there is a warning on the phone before you activate it but I ave used it and it works well.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

Last edited by WarChild; 08-11-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:29 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
Its called nuebattery (fastcharge), and you can find all about it over at www.nuerom.com

Go read up,then come back and state your case, we didn't develop it, wei did...
+1....

Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

The 6800 charges as fast as on usb as it did plugged in. so why can't the 6850(TP)? That is one thing I missed about my mogol.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:33 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
The 6800 charges as fast as on usb as it did plugged in. so why can't the 6850(TP)? That is one thing I missed about my mogol.
HTC just wants to make things difficult after all this thread wouldn't be here if it weren't for them so technically you should think them for doing stupid sh1t.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
My 6800 never charged fast on usb. what would usually happen is that it would show a higher percentage of battery power, but it would discharge quickly while in use.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
My 6800 never charged fast on usb. what would usually happen is that it would show a higher percentage of battery power, but it would discharge quickly while in use.
I've used my old 6800 to tether all the time and it would say the battery was charged as with the TP i would disconnect from my PC and it would say 1/4 battery left, after 2 hours. Damn HTC..
Old 08-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
I always thought pulling more power from usb port could damage the port...
im pretty sure this is true. as when you install the cab and right before you turn it on it warns you it could break your usb port.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:38 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
im pretty sure this is true. as when you install the cab and right before you turn it on it warns you it could break your usb port.
Very true...
Old 08-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well this is true if you don't have a DC powered USB hub. Most USB ports (especially on laptops) will allow up to 500 mA drain per root. 1A will certainly push the limit of this limit and possibly cause damage to the port. In most desktops, this limit is around 800 mA.

Using a powered hub allows all the current from the DC adapter rather than the USB port while allowing transparent communication with the computer.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 08-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I've used my old 6800 to tether all the time and it would say the battery was charged as with the TP i would disconnect from my PC and it would say 1/4 battery left, after 2 hours. Damn HTC..
Same here... My mogul took forever to charge on USB! Even on an aftermarket 1A USB charger.

With the nuebattery this thing charges fast on any PC I've tried it. Pulls the 800-900ma off my aftermarket chargers at my office and car with no issues. Love it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro