PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 10:59 AM
rumpang

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Help! My touch pro is getting bricked (or is already?)

expert, help me please!! im stuck at tricolor bootloader.. im using gsm tp phone, but wrongly flash the rom with the cdma rom.. now it won't install the factory rom (stuck at 25% update) and can't flash the hspl.. the screen shows:

RAPH100
SPL-5.07.0000
MicroP-Raph (LED)
MicroP-Raph (KEY)
PSOC_Raph STAGE_CVT v0x36

now what i should do? any advice?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help! My touch pro is getting bricked (or is already?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by accurato View Post
That's what i beleive happend flashed a gsm onto a cdma phone and i cant reverse it. I think the SSPL-Manual was deleted on the root of the phone and i cant find a way to add it to the root. Frustrated now ive tried locking, unlocking, stock rom. When i turn on the phone it goes to the touch pro screen at start up then reboots unlesss i press volume down and power then ill go into the boot screen but no further than that.
I think you may be confused. Doing the HardSPL will sometimes leave you with no rom to boot. Flashing GSM is very bad but not always fatal. There are lots of reasons for not getting past the initial screen. No ROM, Rom with bad Pagepool setting or just plain old badly created rom. I don't know what state your phone currently is but if you did the HardSPL and can get to the TriColor screen try reflashing the stock rom.

You do not need to relock the phone unless you intend to bring it into your Carrier's service department to exchange or service. And I have found it is sometimes much easier to just say you lost the phone and need a replacement if you have insurance to cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpang View Post
expert, help me please!! im stuck at tricolor bootloader.. im using gsm tp phone, but wrongly flash the rom with the cdma rom.. now it won't install the factory rom (stuck at 25% update) and can't flash the hspl.. the screen shows:

RAPH100
SPL-5.07.0000
MicroP-Raph (LED)
MicroP-Raph (KEY)
PSOC_Raph STAGE_CVT v0x36

now what i should do? any advice?
If you got that far then the problem is either a bad ROM or a flakey USB connection.
You should try rebooting the computer before attempting to flash the rom (and make sure the computer has recognized the phone and installed the driver for it while it is in TriColor mode)
make sure to no even breathe on the USB cable, any noise on the port could cause the upload to fail.

And in any case you should be trying to flash the stock rom after attempting to install the wrong radio rom as the stock will do a better job of clearing out the crap it may have installed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro