PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Royce200313 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help! My touch pro is getting bricked (or is already?)

HELP HELP HELP. Thanks in advance for any ideas. By the way I dont care what happens to this phone I have another on the way. Just want to figure this out anyways. Have you gotten any answers about your phone yet? I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 for Verizon and i'm pretty sure it is bricked. I tried to unlock the phone and the first attempt the program errored out. The phone rebooted to the way I had it before. Then I tried it again and the update went through the phone powered down and will not do anything now. If I plug in the phone into the computer the Device manager shows Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM - Driver not installed Code 28. Is this phone a brick or can someone save me. I dont care about whats on the phone just to get it working. I have searched for a driver but have not found anything that will work.

System
Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate and WMDC
Old 05-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro

wizkidzulu is a n00b

THANK YOU

This save my *ss.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce200313 View Post
? I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 for Verizon and i'm pretty sure it is bricked.
Try re-posting this in Touch Pro 2 forum...
Old 06-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jfoster4 is a n00b

i think my phone is bricked too, i installed the BharS_V12 Proj bs or somthing like that and it was working just fine every app and page worked dreat except i put the lock on on the phone the one where all yo have to do is slide the button left or right and then i turned off the screen and it turnd phone off and restared by itself and now its get stuck on the "windows" loading screen, but after a while i can tap the screen and the wall paper for the loading screen apperrs and the phone can some what function bc once a setting page loaded but then phone froze, but i cant do anything bc i cant see anything please any help would be greatly appreciated before i take an ax to it...
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster4 View Post
i think my phone is bricked too, i installed the BharS_V12 Proj bs or somthing like that and it was working just fine every app and page worked dreat except i put the lock on on the phone the one where all yo have to do is slide the button left or right and then i turned off the screen and it turnd phone off and restared by itself and now its get stuck on the "windows" loading screen, but after a while i can tap the screen and the wall paper for the loading screen apperrs and the phone can some what function bc once a setting page loaded but then phone froze, but i cant do anything bc i cant see anything please any help would be greatly appreciated before i take an ax to it...
if you cant get into winmo then its time for a hard reset. that will remove everything you have installed though, including calls, text, contacts, and apps.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: bell

accurato is a n00b

i must be daft, or getting there. I need some help please. when i boot up what i see on the tri colour screan is

RAPH800
SLP-0.37.0000
MicroP-Hermann(LED) V0c85
MicroP-Hermann(Key) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE-EVT v20

Upgrade ROM code error
please try again

I must have done something wrong like reading when it's late and flashing a wrong ROM.
when i try to flash RUU and it gets to image version on the top it's blank and hangs on the leading screen. I have tried to boot from an sd card and it hangs in the loading screen, if i try a larger file i get and error

00028002 on the loading screen with not allowed

How can i re flash the whole system if it's possible i think i flashed 6.5 gsm by error. Is my phone a paper weight now.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Guys just so you know, BRICKED does not mean doesn't work properly or has issues. Bricked means the phone is physically dead! Won't go into bootloader mode or show the initial screen in any way.

It is very RARE for this to happen but it usually happens when you have flashed something in a very horrible manner such as stopped a radio update or rom flash in midstream.

But even in those cases Bricking is pretty rare.

To check if your phone is bricked simply try to go into bootloader mode:

HOLD POWER + VOL DOWN and reset with the stylus.
If you get the multicolor boot screen your not bricked. Try reflashing the phone in that case.

Also make sure you read the specs and target device for your phone. Flashing a rom for a TP2 on a TP is a good way to actually brick your phone!

Flashing a GSM rom on a CDMA phone is another.

As long as your screw up allows you to get to the bootloader screen your phone is NOT BRICKED!

Quote:
How can i re flash the whole system if it's possible i think i flashed 6.5 gsm by error. Is my phone a paper weight now.
DO the steps outlined above, if you get to the bootloader (likely since you get the initial boot screen) and try flashing the stock ROM from your carrier and device. This can sometimes clear out the device from any bad crap.
If that works go find a better ROM that will work for your device and try flashing again.

But if you think you flashed a GSM ROM you have to be careful because thats the type of thing that does lead to bricking a phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Lurker

accurato is a n00b

That's what i thought i can get to tri colour screen but no further. sd wont load just hangs and herman just goes to 1% and resets giving a invalid vendor error, also it's not poping up on my computor so i cant access the phone dir. in any way. might have the wrong SSPL-Manual or it's not there and i cant figure out how to inject it inti the root of the phone.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Lurker

accurato is a n00b

That's what i beleive happend flashed a gsm onto a cdma phone and i cant reverse it. I think the SSPL-Manual was deleted on the root of the phone and i cant find a way to add it to the root. Frustrated now ive tried locking, unlocking, stock rom. When i turn on the phone it goes to the touch pro screen at start up then reboots unlesss i press volume down and power then ill go into the boot screen but no further than that.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did you retry by flashing the stock rom or are you trying some custom rom? Do the Stock to bring the phone back first.

I don't think the SPL would be messed up or you would not get the Tri Color screen at all.

If you get to the flashing counter but it dies then the problem is that it is losing connection. Try a different USB cable and USB port on the computer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro