PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Kamaleon

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Cooking Problem? Or is it bricked

So I was cooking; trying to install to new Manila v2.1 using (Silence and Mighty) kitchen now I am stuck in the touch pro screen it just loads up vibrates and stays their. I tried to hard rest manualy but it just restart stays in that sreen. Boot loader screen comes up but for 20 seconds and then restart automatically. Is it bricked or did I delete a necesary driver in the kicthen? Has anyone else here had this or something similar happen to them? Is there maybe a way to fix it or any troubleshooting I can try?I'd appreciate any help at all. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Cooking Problem? Or is it bricked

try bootloader mode, pull the battery and wait a few seconds. then put it back in and hold down volume down and the power button, you should see the tricolor screen come up and be allowed to flash a new rom. I would say you have got drivers missing.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OR you can leave the battery in and hold down power and vol dn then hit soft reset the phone with the stylus...

Keep holding the pwr and vol buttons until you see the tri color screen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Kamaleon

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback. These 12 Hour shifts are just killing me anyways. I can get into bootloader mode; trying to flash from my SD card but nothing is happening. I formated the card correctly (FAT32) and renamed the img file. Just dont know what Im doing wrong. It says in the tutorial to have the file root of your microSD card. How do I achieve that or is their any other way I can flash via bootloader. Thanks for the help in advance. I MISS MY PHONE
Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

papidj is just getting started

just put your renamed file in the sd card, in the root folder, using your pc, then put the sd card in your phone.That may help.
i hope you are no hitting the eternal loading screen like me. because i can't pass that screen.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try putting into bootloader and then plug it into the computer and flashing back to stock and then flashing a new rom
Old 08-11-2009, 05:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Raphael
Carrier: Fido

austinel is a n00b

Something similar happened to me, but mine stays on the boot load screen.
I used the PPC Kitchen later to read that touch pro's are better to use cab files.
Im very knew to all of this, I got into the boot loader and tried using mtty but it keeps stating that usb port can't be opened, even though i've disabled everything on the active sync program. I dont know how to flash back to stock as i bought this phone off of ebay.
can anybody help me? or am I screwed?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro