PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
NETCFv35 potential issue

I'm not sure if the Compact Framework is installing right, it always says "Installation error. Stop all applications and process, maximize available storage space, and run installation again. Support info 3."
Even if I reboot my TP, it will say that every time. In the Remove Programs section of the settings it lists that I have the framework installed ok, so should I just ignore this error message??
Old 08-10-2009, 03:29 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: NETCFv35 potential issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
I'm not sure if the Compact Framework is installing right, it always says "Installation error. Stop all applications and process, maximize available storage space, and run installation again. Support info 3."
Even if I reboot my TP, it will say that every time. In the Remove Programs section of the settings it lists that I have the framework installed ok, so should I just ignore this error message??
do apps or games that need 3.5 to run work? i never saw that error but i use net3.7
Old 08-10-2009, 03:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Did you also install the netcfconfig app so you can set it up properly?
It should be separate cab from the 3.5 cab.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Did you also install the netcfconfig app so you can set it up properly?
It should be separate cab from the 3.5 cab.
its not needed though, i just started using it. seems like maybe his cab is corrupt. op, try a diff net cab, theres tons on site posted. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=502731 post 15 has a net cab.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 08-10-2009 at 03:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Well I thought if you had a previous version of netcf already installed you have to run the config app to set things up so apps that aren't configured already (new apps) use the new version 3.5.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

oh there's a new version out?? where can I get 3.7?? or if not, where do I get the tool for 3.5??

edit: tried the one from that post and it's a no go either (corrupt archive)

Last edited by iviyth0s; 08-10-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Luckily I got Pandora to work well, I'll just stick with that (since LastFM is a jerk of a program and Net3.5 won't install)
Old 08-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Did a search for 3.7, no dice, can you post it up darren?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ya I tried everything, even the windows pc to windows mobile .msi and it still won't install. Maybe I'll have some luck with 3.7
Old 08-11-2009, 12:56 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Did a search for 3.7, no dice, can you post it up darren?
i had a thread on it but i got busted by microsoft, kinda funny they sent letter to ppcg about my thread. lol let me see what i can do. pm your email addy op, i send you some mail. wink wink.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro