PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nrupalp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who is tired of TF3D and are not using it anymore?

I am finding TF3D to be more eye candy then user friendly and makes everything to get to longer. Who other methods are you guys using? I was using HTC home plugin on my mogul and it worked really well. I will give that a shot on the pro.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Who is tired of TF3D and are not using it anymore?

if you change the order of tabs i don't see what the original HTC home has that Manila doesn't...

Text messages are easier to get to, instead of just having a number indicator...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nrupalp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
if you change the order of tabs i don't see what the original HTC home has that Manila doesn't...

Text messages are easier to get to, instead of just having a number indicator...
Txt messaging is the most annoying part. when i get couple of txt's together from diff ppl, the # on the manilla tab doent update unless i go to each conversation and scroll down.
care to point me how i can re-arrange the tabs?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

I find the tf3d to be very helpful for what I do on the phone. I had htc home on my 6700, 6800 so I don't mind a totally different look even though there is less to customize.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
Txt messaging is the most annoying part. when i get couple of txt's together from diff ppl, the # on the manilla tab doent update unless i go to each conversation and scroll down.
care to point me how i can re-arrange the tabs?

That's very strange indeed. Have you installed any other programs that interfere with text messaging? The number of messages I get shows up in Manila just fine. However, there is a 25 msg view limit that Manila has.

The other night had 10 unread messages and Manila showed a # of 10 as well. If you've customized your Manila, maybe one of the replacement files screwed something up. If not then i'd check all of the programs you have installed and try and do some troubleshooting.

You can use any one of the following:
-Diamond TF3D Config (i haven't used this to reorder tabs, but it has the feature)
-Advanced Config 3.3 (this is what I used. You can rearrange, and remove tabs you don't want)
Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

profroopchan is just getting started

This is my first WM. I checked out what it would be like without TF3D, and I do not know how I could live without TF3D. It is like night and day difference. I could not access anything that I commonly use without TF3D. With this having such little hard keys, it would be a pain to get around. It would be just like my Palm OS. I would live in the "programs" screen.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

havieri23 is just getting started

i've been trying to get used to tf3d for the last few days, but some of it's little quirks are very annoying. i hate selecting tabs, there's sometimes a short lag in between, and it's pretty annoying when you're on the go and need a quick look. also i can't used to how it opens up emails but think it's more of a personal thing. it very nice eye candy, but like you said, it's not that user friendly and customizable. i'm going to stick with mobile shell, even though i hate the look of their today tab icons. It just more responsive. couldn't get htc customizer working correctly on the pro, so didn't install htc home.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nrupalp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by profroopchan View Post
This is my first WM. I checked out what it would be like without TF3D, and I do not know how I could live without TF3D. It is like night and day difference. I could not access anything that I commonly use without TF3D. With this having such little hard keys, it would be a pain to get around. It would be just like my Palm OS. I would live in the "programs" screen.
I guess you never used HTC home before. It does almost same thing as TF3D but in simpler/faster manner.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I think TF3D blows HTC home out of the water. Home was great...but TF3D is pretty AND functional. I cant think of anything I did with home that I cant do with TF3D. Its CERTAINLY better than that ugly, boring cube that HTC was peddling for a while. Windows Mobile is finally starting to see some UIs that look nice, as well as remain useful

-Xperia "Blade" interface
-TouchFlo 3D (in different varients too, such as the Telus customized TF3D.)
- PointUI

and more..

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i love tf, and i use secondtoday for plugins and my lovely wp app.(thanx storyr) if someone wants second today.http://www.cellwaredownload.com/view/Second-Today.aspx

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-19-2008 at 07:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro