PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   At night... TP acts CRAZY!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78587)

lifeuw19 08-09-2009 09:22 AM

At night... TP acts CRAZY!!!

So I had to send back my original TP due to the famous keeyybbbooard issuees! :) So I got a refrub, set it up with all my usual apps. I've been using it for 3 nights now and EVERY night... it freezes up overnight while it's being charged and turns off. Which is a BAD thing, since it's my alarm clock. Luckily, 2 of those nights have been weekends, so I was only late to work once.

That being said... before I send this one back... anyone have a fix for this? Might it be the charger? I'm using the original TP charger I had, but I'm thinking of switching it out to the one I use during the day which I keep it plugged into and it doesn't freeze. I know it can't be any 3rd party apps causing this, since it's exactly everything I had on my original TP.

Thoughts? Anyone else deal with this?

lifeuw19 08-09-2009 10:13 AM

Re: At night... TP acts CRAZY!!!

One more thing I remembered... I did change on the diamond tweak... I changed the setting for "Mute when turned over". AND... when I sleep I have the phone turned over, so the light doesn't flash all night. I'll try changing back and with a new charger, but if anyone has ANY other suggestions... I'd love to hear them before I go to sleep tonight... I can't afford to be late for work again b/c of my phone... the boss will only believe that excuse once!

southphillysean 08-09-2009 10:28 AM

They do still make alarm clocks :).

Asphyx 08-09-2009 10:36 AM

Try not using it as an alarm clock one night and see what happens...

Could be that the alarm your using is corrupted and crashing the phone!

SporkLover 08-09-2009 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Install G-Alarm 1.5.1, it will ask you if you want to apply the alarm bug fix.... say yes, Voila.

lifeuw19 08-09-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SporkLover (Post 1090296)
Install G-Alarm 1.5.1, it will ask you if you want to apply the alarm bug fix.... say yes, Voila.

Thanks... I had 1.4.6 installed... I'll try the newer version

lifeuw19 08-09-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southphillysean (Post 1090280)
They do still make alarm clocks :).

yes... but I still want my phone to charge. It was at 30% when I went to bed last night... it froze up soon after because it was at 50%, so I had to let it stay charged in the morning.

Plus... I don't want to miss any calls...

rawdikrik 08-09-2009 05:35 PM

turn off the today screen timeout.

settings-today-items- at the bottom uncheck the box.

hit thanks if it helps!!!

katpurz 08-16-2009 01:49 PM

Have you found a final fix for this? My stock ROM was doing this every now and then (wake up and find the ring lit solid and have to remove battery to restart phone).

I don't use the alarm per say, but it is mildly annoying.

thx

rawdikrik 08-16-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katpurz (Post 1104809)
Have you found a final fix for this? My stock ROM was doing this every now and then (wake up and find the ring lit solid and have to remove battery to restart phone).

I don't use the alarm per say, but it is mildly annoying.

thx

Have you tried what that good looking guy above you said?