PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Yay 4 Juggs ROM may have bricked my phone.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78580)

Sootah 08-09-2009 05:11 AM

Yay 4 Juggs ROM may have bricked my phone..

EDIT: Apologies have already been made for the misleading and innapropriate title of this thread, so before more people get their panties in a bunch about it please read the ENTIRE thread before posting!

I had the MightyROM installed on my Verizon phone and quite liked it, the phone was FAR more responsive and much easier to navigate with the new WinMo 6.5 start menu interface, but I decided to try the Yay 4 Juggs ROM as it was recommended by IsYouGeekedUp and came with very little pre-installed. I like nice squeaky clean ROMs.

I flashed the ROM that I downloaded from here, and the flash itself went smoothly, but after the phone reset it just sits on the Verizon Wireless startup screen and doesn't go past the "Please wait, phone is starting up" phase.

Perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention and the ROM is a Sprint one, or I somehow flashed it incorrectly, but regardless of how I've screwed this up my phone won't boot and I'm unable to flash the MightyROM back onto it as the flashing util won't see the phone as active since an ActiveSync connection can't be established with it.

Is there any way of rectifying this, or am I hosed?

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Sootah

t0mmyr 08-09-2009 05:13 AM

Re: Yay 4 Juggs ROM may have bricked my phone..

just put ur phone in bootloader (hold down volume + power and reset button) till u get to the 3bar screen, plug in your usb and flash to another rom

Spiderman313 08-09-2009 07:23 AM

and apologize.

rogerp 08-09-2009 07:40 AM

and doing a search and reading could help rather than blasting a good chef

leighton86 08-09-2009 08:52 AM

what if we didn't blast a newcomer and make him feel like crap?

i think he pretty much said it was his fault in the sentence, "Perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention and the ROM is a Sprint one, or I somehow flashed it incorrectly....."

temper, temper everyone! :violent2:

leighton86 08-09-2009 08:53 AM

oh...and thank the guy that helped you. =D>

JohnBecker 08-09-2009 08:55 AM

I think it's impossible to brick one of these phones. About a month ago I was searching around and found a really cool looking ROM. I don't remember which one, but it wasn't on this site. It had a few neat features and figured I'd give it a shot.

I was a dummy and didn't read it was a Raphael ROM. I flashed it, which it took eagerly, but it wouldn't boot afterwards. I didn't realize I had just put a GSM ROM on my CDMA phone. OOPS! It was hosed. I ran upstairs to get my daughters 1GB MicroSD card from her phone and quickly copied a new ROM to it. I reflashed and it's been fine ever since. I didn't panic because I know these are sturdy devices when it comes to flashing ROMS.

If at first it doesn't succeed, try again. Don't go blasting off at a chef when something doesn't go right. One of the first things we all must read is how we are doing this at our own risk. The chefs have certainly installed the ROM on their devices to test it out. It's their choice to share it with us and our choice to install it ourselves. If we do something stupid... it's our own fault. Even the experienced ones fudge up at times. We're only human.

Keep in mind that Verizon has limited your memory. Check into smaller page pools before flashing. If the page pool size is 20 more, you'll probably have a problem with that ROM.

The moral of my little story is to READ BEFORE YOU FLASH! It can save a headache or two.

seanborn1979 08-09-2009 09:21 AM

We should not post anymore on this thread. It is an insult to Juggs to have this at the top of the forum...

rstoyguy 08-09-2009 10:08 AM

Moved to the general touch pro forum.

Asphyx 08-09-2009 10:43 AM

These roms that the cooks release get tested 15 times over with all the users flashing it. If it was the rom itself then everyone would have the issue and the rom would be pulled...

9 times out of 10 the problem is the flasher! In this case it seems pretty obvious to me what the problem is.

You have a VZW phone! You need to make sure the pagepool is not above 12 BEFORE you flash the rom!

I am not sure if Yay adds a pagepool changer to his release but if he does I suggest using it and then reflashing the rom.

Most likely cause of a non-booting flash is you don't have the memory required to run it!

And that's because with a pagepool set too high there is not enough space left for the actual rom to run!

Use the pagepool changer and try setting between 6-12 and reflashing...my guess is your phone will boot right up after that!