PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

afinita is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Might have bricked my Sprint TP, save me!

Background: I had energy rom for about a month, now, and I plug my phone up into my car using the stock htc power/headphone adapter that came with the phone. Using both the car charger and a line in to my radio. Anyway, yesterday it started to not realize that the headphones were unplugged after I removed it fromt he car(recognized this after I wasn't getting any sound). Soft resets and hard resets didn't fix the issue, so I flashed a stock rom (This thread, the updated one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741 for SPRINT) and put the stock radio on it, then relocked the phone.

It worked for a bit, and but still thinks headphones are plugged in. While troubleshooting some more I soft reset the phone and now it is stuck in the bootloader screen, I can't hard reset it, I removed the SD card, I have tried unlocking it again so I can flash EnergyROM or something again to no avail (It hangs at 0% and then throws an error after a minute, like it is locked when I first tried flashing two months ago and didn't unlock first)

EDIT: It still says "Security Unlocked" at the top, which seems weird(I don't remember what it said when it was locked), but the number says SPL-0.37.0000

I am putting this question here to maybe garner some answers, I am going to try the first listed rom on that stock thread and hope for the best.

EDIT: So far bad download, going to try again.
EDIT2: No go on either of the stock roms.

Please, if you have any input all of it would be appreciated.

Last edited by afinita; 08-09-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:35 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Might have bricked my Sprint TP, save me!

stock is the way to go after your device is f$%#^up
Old 08-09-2009, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jo1020 is keeping up the good workjo1020 is keeping up the good work

It will always say Security Unlocked.

SPL.0.37.0000 you are locked
Old 08-09-2009, 12:53 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

What you need to do is run a stock rom on your phone, and see if that solves your issue. You might want to think about relocking as well, if you havent done that already (which im assuming you havent)

And seeing as how you flashed your phone without unlocking, a couple months ago, i would go back to the threads telling you how to flash your phone and reread that information before you do anything else and really brick your phone.

Help Me Help You
Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

afinita is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
What you need to do is run a stock rom on your phone, and see if that solves your issue. You might want to think about relocking as well, if you havent done that already (which im assuming you havent)
I have run a stock rom on my phone, I have also relocked. I said both in my post.

I am trying to save myself the headache of going through customer support, because I think it is a hardware issue and not a software issue.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

I would try this. Put your rom image of choice of the root of your memory card. Name the .nbh file to raphimg.nbh.

Insert your card into phone. Get your phone into the bootloader screen. Hold Power button, volume down button, and soft reset for a couple seconds. This should flash that rom to your phone.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Jackalo is a n00b

After relocking, I had to flash the stock ROM a second time. Just drop the stock NBH in the root directory of your microSD card and let the bootloader flash it again.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Good ol Sprint has 4G now

mrheineken08 is becoming a great contributor

as far as your headfone issue goes it sounds like you may have a bad adapter as you say u use it all the time and plug it in to your cig lighter it may have damaged the usb connecter, this same thing happened to my charger it wouldnt charge until i wiggled the loose connector a certain way and then plug it in to the phone. the usb jacks have 11 pins and if one of them is bent or not sitting right inside it could disable any number of functions based on what or if any pin combo is damaged. kind of a flaw with htc usb since its so hightech n all. good luck if u still cant get your fone to boot pm me i know some tricks.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Good ol Sprint has 4G now

mrheineken08 is becoming a great contributor

actually if the rom u were previously running isnt signed and you lock it you have to flash the signed official rom from htc while its unlocked and then relock it after 100% guaruntee that will fix your problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro