PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 10:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jringo718 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My phone has become slow to the point its unusable. Need some help please.

Ok, so I just got my 4 or 5th replacement Touch Pro last week. It was refurbished yet it had a nice March build date. Anyway, a few days of using it, 2 days ago it became VERY VERY VERY slow. So I thought it was an error on the memory card. I took it out, no cure, so I decided to hard reset, still the same, so I decided to go from the Juicy to Mighty's rom, still nothing and then finally I went went back to everything stock including the radio and the problem is still there so I am guessing its physically my phone and I also noticed this one was getting very hot after a little use.

So I called Sprint to get it exchanged and I spoke to a couple of reps and supervisors and finally one told me that I cant get a replacement and that I have to go through Asurion and I have to pay the deductible but I dont have insurance. Then the lady told me theres no other option, "you "could" go to a sprint store and thay "may" be able to help you and fix it" but thats all im getting,.

What do I do? Anybody have experience with this? Could there possibly be a fix for this? I don't clogged up slow, I mean it takes 10 minutes for anything to open.

The supervisor also told some thing about if I get my phone replaced 3 times in 30 days i can switch to another phone or something, but they wont even replace this one.

Last edited by jringo718; 08-06-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: My phone has become slow to the point its unusable. Need some help please.

keep calling til you get a phone.

if you get another fails, i cant telll what carrier your on, you could maybe file a lemon policy and get the tp2 for a free upgrade
Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jringo718 View Post
Ok, so I just got my 4 or 5th replacement Touch Pro last week. It was refurbished yet it had a nice March build date. Anyway, a few days of using it, 2 days ago it became VERY VERY VERY slow. So I thought it was an error on the memory card. I took it out, no cure, so I decided to hard reset, still the same, so I decided to go from the Juicy to Mighty's rom, still nothing and then finally I went went back to everything stock including the radio and the problem is still there .
The only thing I can think of is since it slowed down after 2 days of use, this would be long enough to install something to your phone, and if it is something installed to the Micro SD it may autorun while the card is installed therefore surviving a hard reset and installing on first use. Of course it asks to be installed as other programs would but should not be overlooked.

I only suggest this because TOMTOM Navigator functions this way, and I am sure there are other programs that can do the same.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

+1,
Hard reset Stock rom without an SD card inserted. If that doesnt work they have to replace it. They just gave you that replacement and at leat has a 30 day return. Fight, fight.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:15 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

yeah try one more hard reset without the SD. If it's still not working take it back! Don't call...go to a store in person. I went through about 4 moguls n a month
Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jringo718 is just getting started

Ok, here is a little update and a little clarification.

So I have tried hard resetting with every combination possible and did stock all over again without the SD card and it seemed like it was fixed, I know the Sprint official rom isnt the best, but it was running smoother than Mighty's and Juicy's which I had done all without a SD card as well. So I am all excited and stuff and then 30 minutes into using it, the problem was back. So then I realized this happens when the phone is getting hot, so I left it off and then tried it, problem solved. Forward to 6 hours after not using it, and the problems back, and this time the phone is ice cold. Then I tried Mighty again and everything was smooth again, and then the problem returned. So I have realized there is no pattern, it just happens and I am guessing the processor is fried or something.

So I am with Sprint and I called again, the best they could do was hook me up with a one time insurance claim from Asurion and I got happy, till the supervisor tells me they will charge me the deductible (I think its $100?) and then I got a little angry and said why cant I get a replacement from Sprint under warranty since my last phone ATLEAST didnt have a damn friend processor and I was sent some half working refurb and she said the system wont let her and told me to call HTC. HTC tells me I have to send the phone in and it might take 2+ weeks, I REALLY CANT live without a phone for 2+ weeks and I got no other Sprint phones....

You think I should just upgrade my plan to a simply everything and get a PRE? This is downright stupid, I love the Touch Pro, but its like there is no quality control whatsoever...

I'd try the store, but I will probably get the same crap and I just moved back to college, leaving me with no way to get 25 miles to the nearest Sprint store.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

You can try this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

It is meant for phones with TEP, but they are both Tech guys for Sprint and they may be able to help you in some way, or at least who to talk with. Have you tried talking to Retentions over the issue?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
keep calling til you get a phone.

if you get another fails, i cant telll what carrier your on, you could maybe file a lemon policy and get the tp2 for a free upgrade
lemon policies only work if the cost of the repair is Greater than the cost he paid for it..
Old 08-09-2009, 03:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

chicagobrad01 is a n00b

I'm having the same problems with my phone (slow and hot), gonna send it in to HTC because I DO NOT want a refurb'ed one from Sprint. I have the TEP, but will go back to an old phone and wait it out until they send me a new one back to avoid the refurb.

You could always just buy a new phone, charge on credit card, then return it before the 30 days are up while your phone is getting fixed or replaced by HTC. If you have the availible credit to do so that is. I've done that in the past when I had no other Sprint phone to switch to.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jringo718 View Post
Ok, so I just got my 4 or 5th replacement Touch Pro last week. It was refurbished yet it had a nice March build date. Anyway, a few days of using it, 2 days ago it became VERY VERY VERY slow. So I thought it was an error on the memory card. I took it out, no cure, so I decided to hard reset, still the same, so I decided to go from the Juicy to Mighty's rom, still nothing and then finally I went went back to everything stock including the radio and the problem is still there so I am guessing its physically my phone and I also noticed this one was getting very hot after a little use.

So I called Sprint to get it exchanged and I spoke to a couple of reps and supervisors and finally one told me that I cant get a replacement and that I have to go through Asurion and I have to pay the deductible but I dont have insurance. Then the lady told me theres no other option, "you "could" go to a sprint store and thay "may" be able to help you and fix it" but thats all im getting,.

What do I do? Anybody have experience with this? Could there possibly be a fix for this? I don't clogged up slow, I mean it takes 10 minutes for anything to open.

The supervisor also told some thing about if I get my phone replaced 3 times in 30 days i can switch to another phone or something, but they wont even replace this one.
Not to be a smart a$$, but why would you buy a almost $600 phone and not have insurance on it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro