PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...
Carrier: Sprint

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LastFM...getting on my LastNerves!!!

I've been trying to follow the threads on this LastFM program, which is supposed to be better than Pandora. I d'loaded the cab that was posted as well as the Scrobbler. I cant get this damn thing to play, no way no how! I got tons of connection errors. It keeps telling me that the host machine actively is rejecting the connection. I made sure that my data connection is on, as well as wifi. I even tried going to lastfm.com in my opera browser, IE and the Skyfire and I get nothing. Am I missing something or should I just remove them and enjoy Pandora?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

doireallyhavetodothis is just getting started
Re: LastFM...getting on my LastNerves!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz65 View Post
I've been trying to follow the threads on this LastFM program, which is supposed to be better than Pandora. I d'loaded the cab that was posted as well as the Scrobbler. I cant get this damn thing to play, no way no how! I got tons of connection errors. It keeps telling me that the host machine actively is rejecting the connection. I made sure that my data connection is on, as well as wifi. I even tried going to lastfm.com in my opera browser, IE and the Skyfire and I get nothing. Am I missing something or should I just remove them and enjoy Pandora?
I'm at work and dont have the program here, but I have a client that works flawlessy on my touch pro. You need to first establish a data connection...open IE and pull down a page. Then launch this app and it works perfect for hours. Shows a single album artwork pic and plays the station.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

there shouldnt of been 2 files to DL... heres what i use..

make sure your login info is good.. u did go register on the site right?

you have to make a favorites list to get goin... or just type in artist from dropdown and type who u wanna hear, i use last FM multiple times a day..
Attached Files
File Type: cab pocket-scrobbler-ppc-v16.CAB (219.5 KB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

I use "skyfire" and it also works just fine
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 07-10-2009, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doireallyhavetodothis View Post
I'm at work and dont have the program here, but I have a client that works flawlessy on my touch pro. You need to first establish a data connection...open IE and pull down a page. Then launch this app and it works perfect for hours. Shows a single album artwork pic and plays the station.

I guess I'll finally do that mortscript to start a data connection before lastfm app, and try to have it automatically shut it off also, but not sure if I can yet, I'll try later on.
But I'll mod the lastfm app, prolly make a new thread for the program so everyone can have it as it will replace the link in the start menu, but will still have the lastfm icon there, or I may replace the icon with a better one that I have.
But I'll put it all into one cab,
and I'll post a link to the thread when I make it later tonight.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:42 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

He could honestly be having an issue with it.

PocketLastFM.net doesn't work on my TP currently. I had it working, did a hard reset... and it stopped working, no other changes. It just refuses to connect. I removed it, searched the registry and file system for any remnants and found nothing so I reinstalled - still doesn't work.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...
Threadstarter

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
He could honestly be having an issue with it.

PocketLastFM.net doesn't work on my TP currently. I had it working, did a hard reset... and it stopped working, no other changes. It just refuses to connect. I removed it, searched the registry and file system for any remnants and found nothing so I reinstalled - still doesn't work.
Yeah, thats the one I loaded and it would never connect. F it, I gonna stick with Pandora, at least I got it to work....thanks everyone for your advice!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Yeah, thats the one I loaded and it would never connect. F it, I gonna stick with Pandora, at least I got it to work....thanks everyone for your advice!
I'll probably make my version of the cab with my mortscript tomorrow then.

But I wonder why people are having soo many problems with it.

You do have the .net framework installed right? If so, what version?
If not, that's why.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

doireallyhavetodothis is just getting started

Quote:

I am a Sprint customer using the stock radio and this program has worked on my TP with Mighty4, Mighty6, and Energy's ROM. I don't know if stock would work as you must have .NET 2.0 framework installed on your TP. After install, establish a data connection by opening up a browser and pulling up at least 1 site. Then launch this program, sign-in and enjoy! I've had it stream for over 5 hours once with no problems.
Attached Files
File Type: cab PocketLastFM.NET.CAB (227.4 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-11-2009, 02:10 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
I'll probably make my version of the cab with my mortscript tomorrow then.

But I wonder why people are having soo many problems with it.

You do have the .net framework installed right? If so, what version?
If not, that's why.
Yes, CF 3.5 - preloaded in to Juicy's ROM. The weird thing is that it worked before I hard reset (actually, the phone locked up while it was playing music and when I soft reset it apparently it wouldn't boot any more, forcing me to hard reset). It went to connect but I had poor service and it failed and now it won't connect at all, even over wifi.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro