PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: Sprint

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question random manilla.exe & shell32.exe crashes

i haven't done a ton of reg edits - i have run the battery .cab, the 4 icons in a row edit, the internet sharing .cab, basically i have followed most of the tweaks in the Touch Pro Essentials post -- and i'm getting some random (quite often) crashes of manilla.exe AND shell32.exe -- the only thing else i've done is to spoof opera's user agent to view full pages. anyway, wanted to see if anyone else had been having random crashes
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 11-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MissBinIN is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to MissBinIN
Re: random manilla.exe & shell32.exe crashes

My manila.exe is crashed as we speak. It was working fine at first then i had to hard reset my phone and lost opera and the manila was only crashed on those people i already had set as faves. then i got them working again and i had to hard reset my phone today to get opera back and now manila isnt working again on those same people i have already had as faves. It works for everyone else... just not the ones i need it to work for. And trust me im not trying to manually add those people in just to have them as a fave. Sprint tech support's solution is to have me take it to a store and they have to replace it since they have none in the warehouse. How sucky is that. If anyone has a fix I would appreciate it.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

robbzbusa is becoming a great contributor

im havin a shell32.exe error when im using the music id....anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoad View Post
i haven't done a ton of reg edits - i have run the battery .cab, the 4 icons in a row edit, the internet sharing .cab, basically i have followed most of the tweaks in the Touch Pro Essentials post -- and i'm getting some random (quite often) crashes of manilla.exe AND shell32.exe -- the only thing else i've done is to spoof opera's user agent to view full pages. anyway, wanted to see if anyone else had been having random crashes
When you say "4 icons in a row edit" what are you referring to? When you say most of the tweaks in the Essentials post can you be a little more specific on which of the Manila/TouchFLO related ones? Also, is there a specific tab you're clicking TO or FROM or other action you're taking that can reproduce it? Or is it oh everything is working fine and then suddenly it stops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBinIN View Post
My manila.exe is crashed as we speak. It was working fine at first then i had to hard reset my phone and lost opera and the manila was only crashed on those people i already had set as faves. then i got them working again and i had to hard reset my phone today to get opera back and now manila isnt working again on those same people i have already had as faves. It works for everyone else... just not the ones i need it to work for. And trust me im not trying to manually add those people in just to have them as a fave. Sprint tech support's solution is to have me take it to a store and they have to replace it since they have none in the warehouse. How sucky is that. If anyone has a fix I would appreciate it.
I'm confused by your description... are you saying that immediately after a hard reset without any other programs installed, it is crashing when you set favorites? Or is this after you start reinstalling things? If it's after you've installed things, what have you installed and what tweaks are you using that are TouchFLO/Manila related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbzbusa View Post
im havin a shell32.exe error when im using the music id....anyone have any ideas?
As I've asked the others, what are you referring to with "Music ID"?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

its a cab file i installed what it does is if you hear a song in the car and dont know what it is run this program hold phone to speaker and it tells you who the artist is and title of song...its awesome...but when i do i get this error...i still get the song and title but im getting error report for shell32.exe
Old 11-14-2008, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

here is linky to what ive installed http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439974
Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Lurker

hamstarz is a n00b

yea i get a lot of random shell32.exe crashes...i pretty much just ignore them now since my phone since to run fine afterward.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

what about turning off error reporting...will it hurt anything
Old 11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

@robbzbusa,

I always turn off error reporting. It serves no real purpose, and I don't know why HTC bothers to include it.

As for that program, if it's consistent with use of that program, you might be better off reading through or ask on that thread to see if others have the issue. Not really sure why it would cause a shell error, unless it's just really buggy and isn't letting go of the microphone properly.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cool i will just turn off then...thanx man

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro