PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

themaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone keeps reseting?

I had like mightyrom 4.12 but recently upgraded to mightyrom 6.07 (7/18 ) and I had a problem.. where googlemaps would crash after working a while.. and just about after that the phone was considered useless to me.. so I'd a power off 4 second hold and yes and reboot and low and behold the software would re-setup everything.. (this happened like 10 times or so)

I assumed this was a problem with the software and so I downgraded to mightyrom 4 (6/20) but it's still happening so now I think there must be some kind of bug or something.. I'm guessing that no other rom is going to fix it.. so any idea what kind of bug/setting is causing this??

Again after a crash/reboot.. the software goes into setup mode.. where I have to press the cursor to setup the stylist tracking and then install googlemaps and other cabs like opera.. and of course wipes all my data/settings..
Old 08-08-2009, 04:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Phone keeps reseting?

Have you tried a hard reset? If not try it, if that doesn't work reflash back to the stocked rom. Hopefully that works.....just reinstall all cabs you would on a custom rom. If everything work, then you know its the custom rom and that cab do not mix. Hope this helps

Plus this doesn't belong here it belongs in the general touch pro section.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.

Last edited by mikejones13; 08-08-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

I have had this problem several times. Flashing back to Stock ROM, letting it go through the complete setup seems to fix the problem. After that you can reflash anything you like.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 08-08-2009, 10:21 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the general touch pro forum.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

Seem to be stuck now in a mode where it won't boot..

All I did was try to get it activesync.. wouldn't.. so reboot to let it do it's reset thing.. hasn't come out of that yet..
Old 08-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

GideonMouth is just getting started

Ive had the same issues last week... if it wont reboot, get into bootloader and flash it back to stock. I ran through 3 roms before going back to stock - all ROMS would reset and would wipe the TP, or would just freeze at the 'Touch Pro' boot screen. I eventually just flashed it back to stock and it has been working since (I didnt stay stock for long)
Old 08-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

seanharlow is a n00b

I had this same issue with mightyrom 6.07

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro