PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

elvis1st is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
audio out of dongle

so up until a couple days a go my normal set up in my van was my TP in it's mount with the dongle plugged in with streaming stereo going to the car radio, all while keeping a charger on it,,, something happened... now whenever I plug my charger into the dongle the audio out goes back to the phone speaker and not the headphone jack of the dongle, the dongle works fine unless i plug in the usb to charge...

tried 3 different dongles, 3 different usb cables and 1 car charger, laptop, desktop, wall charger, no matter as soon as there is power to the dongle, audio out switched back to the phone speaker, oh yeah also hard rest and re flashed...running merdihns ROM
Old 08-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: audio out of dongle

must be a hardware problem. make sure you check your settings because sometimes this phones have a there own personality and decide to change settings on you once in awhile
Old 08-08-2009, 04:22 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

this is exactly what happens if u use the old mogul dongle...

hook up everything as normal... plug in the stock headset, should start playing through them, unplug them, and it should return the sound back to your speakers..

My TP dongle hasnt done this to me, but i tried to duplicate the same thing with my mogul before i traded it in, and that was exactly what happened.. everytime i plugged it in, it would revert back to the phone...

and this is just a shot in the dark here, but u have tried hooking it all up then turning on the music right?
Old 08-08-2009, 04:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

Jim_in_VA is a n00b

I got a question on that TP dongle. Can you not have it power the phone and use data at the same time? I've been using my old Mogul dongle to this, Seems the TP one only does power and audio - not data, that right?
Old 08-08-2009, 04:33 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

huh?? the dingles should have nothing to do with your data connection
Old 08-08-2009, 04:36 PM
N00b

Jim_in_VA is a n00b

lol - not clear. If I want to power the phone and run ICS tethered at the same time, the TP dongle doesn't seem to work. The old Mogul dongle would do this with no issue.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:40 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

why would u even need the dongle to run ICS, take your stock HTC charger cord out and use it as the usb cord for ICS... your comp will charge as you go... as long as u keep the device cool enough, it will stay charging
Old 08-08-2009, 04:47 PM
N00b

Jim_in_VA is a n00b

I plug it into a router and it drains the battery after a while. Maybe its the router thats not putting out the charge - dunno.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
why would u even need the dongle to run ICS, take your stock HTC charger cord out and use it as the usb cord for ICS... your comp will charge as you go... as long as u keep the device cool enough, it will stay charging
As far as keeping the device cool - If you're going to be using it to do something data or GPS intensive (tethering, GPS turn-by-turn nav, etc) and charging at the same time, open the phone. Having the slider open makes it easier to keep the phone cool.

As far as using the stock TP dongle to do power, data (either to/from the PC or 3G), and headphones - It works fine. Just yesterday I took my TP, its USB cable, dongle, and headset to the gym. I plugged the USB cable into the small PC attached to the exercise bike, and then connected the USB cable and headset to the dongle, which I plugged into the TP. The PC came up with an add new hardware wizard, which I canceled. My TP began to charge. I was able to use the YouTube app on the TP to stream music videos (Over 3G/EVDO) to the headset while riding. At no point did it overheat or stop charging.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:51 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

thats freakin awesome... ive never seen a gym machine with a comp on it ... too funny.. so much for exercising to get away from work LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro