PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

echap10613 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flashing Instructions to Ensure Full ROM Functionality

I have a question? I have followed your instructions but on my touch pro it boots up in a solid white screen and does not say Touch Pro it is just blank with some red letters on the bottom. On the stock rom the sprint flash comes on at the end. How do I get my phone to boot with the Touch Pro and black blackground. It is fine on my girlfriends Touch Pro, not on mine.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by echap10613 View Post
I have a question? I have followed your instructions but on my touch pro it boots up in a solid white screen and does not say Touch Pro it is just blank with some red letters on the bottom. On the stock rom the sprint flash comes on at the end. How do I get my phone to boot with the Touch Pro and black blackground. It is fine on my girlfriends Touch Pro, not on mine.
what rom are you on? have you tried just pulling the battery and starting over?
Old 08-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
lol, thats because of the rom you flashed, it had a boot screen changed by the cook i would assume, could also be a bad flash where the bootscreen file wasntflashed correctly. simply flash the stock rom, which will flash the nb file which contains the image... dont worry about all the steps when you're flashing the stock...but do it when you flash your new rom. if it happens again then it is the cook who added the file. the file is in the RUU folder you downloaded, i dont remember the name now but it ends in .nb rather than .nbh. just delete that, and when you flash it wont override the stock bootscreen. id help more but im on my phone... no laptop available.
Your welcome
Old 08-12-2009, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks I have a sprint touch pro, and loaded the exe. stock rom from ppc geeks and still have the white screen. I use the tech rom so I am stuck.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

pull the battery and then put it back in, hold down volume down and power button at the same time. do you get to tricolor bootloader mode?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yes I do.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro MightyRom6(7-18-09)
Carrier: Sprint (sero 500 F&F)

craig198 is just getting started

i have just flashed my stock rom with mighty. i didnt follow these steps exactly.
do you have lag at all? so what you are doing is flashing till that calibrate screen moves smooth? i think mine did but phone still lags from time to time.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks I have a sprint touch pro, and loaded the exe. stock rom from ppc geeks and still have the white screen. I use the tech rom so I am stuck.
it is very very odd that even after your phone was flashed to stock the bootscreen wasnt replaced. i remember two different roms i had flashed which chaneged my bootscreen... one instead of saying Touch Pro, it showed the Diamond bootscreen... the other i cant remember... both, however i replaced after flashing the stock shipped ROM... your phone still functions right everywhere else right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
pull the battery and then put it back in, hold down volume down and power button at the same time. do you get to tricolor bootloader mode?
his bootloader wasn't replaced... it was his BootScreen... (when you power up your device, the Stock screen is all black and in white letters it says TOUCH PRO,,, His just shows a white screen then boots normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig198 View Post
i have just flashed my stock rom with mighty. i didnt follow these steps exactly.
do you have lag at all? so what you are doing is flashing till that calibrate screen moves smooth? i think mine did but phone still lags from time to time.
be sure that there is no lag on the first calibration, if you didnt notice when you did it i would recommend to backup and reflash whilst following exactly as my procedure states...
Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

What I do is hard reset existing rom.
Then B4 it starts up to load rom, I put it into bootloader and flash new rom.
then after it loads and finishes starting, and I know I have a working rom.
Then I hard reset again.
Never thought about removing battery though, that is a very interesting tip
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You get an A for effort Tild88!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro