PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Clock keeps changing.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78416)

mebo73 08-07-2009 09:36 PM

Clock keeps changing....

Im using ENERGYS rom and the clock will not stay. It keeps changing on its own to usually an hr behind. Anyone had the same pro, If so how do u fix?

supdawg 08-07-2009 11:09 PM

Re: Clock keeps changing....

I've been having the exact same issue. What time zone are you at? Me, I am CST.

SweetBearCub 08-08-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mebo73 (Post 1088096)
Im using ENERGYS rom and the clock will not stay. It keeps changing on its own to usually an hr behind. Anyone had the same pro, If so how do u fix?

I had the problem as well. I read that the 8/6 version was supposed to correct it. So far I have not seen the clock issue on the 8/6 ROM.

nfpassion 08-08-2009 01:52 AM

sorry for being off topic, i have the clock problem too, but when you update a rom do you have to install it like a new rom (hardspl, ruu, install new) or can you just put the update files on a folder or something? im new to all this rom stuff

SweetBearCub 08-08-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfpassion (Post 1088441)
sorry for being off topic, i have the clock problem too, but when you update a rom do you have to install it like a new rom (hardspl, ruu, install new) or can you just put the update files on a folder or something? im new to all this rom stuff

As far as the Energy ROM goes (I have no experience with others), the download includes the update program.

1) Download the ROM (at least the version released on 8/6/09)
2) Unzip it
3) Establish an activesync connection with your phone
4) Back up any data that is not saved on your storage card, as the update will hard reset your phone
5) In the folder with the unzipped ROM, start the process by double-clicking on Hermann_CustomRUU
6) Follow the on-screen prompts

MinLo 08-08-2009 02:07 AM

I'm using Psyki's rom and had the same problem. A work around would be to turn off time synchronization. that is located by going to settings/phone/services/scroll down to time synchro/get settings/uncheck

I read that somewhere within pyski rom topic. Ever since i havn't had problems with my time. i have no idea why the clock messes up maybe someone with more knowledge could explain...lol

for some reason my girlfriends htc snap was also doing that frsh out the box with the times zone setup perfectly

We are also in us central time zone....lol

imneveral0ne 08-08-2009 04:49 AM

in eastern, had the same problem but i fixed it. im on nfsfans rom. i'll try to dig up the fix that i did though.

imneveral0ne 08-08-2009 04:53 AM

cant find the fix i did, but it didnt have to do with turning off the sync, cause mine is still synced up. wish i would have payed more attention to what a did last night when i fixed it. anyways, I'll keep looking and hopefully i can find it!

mikejones13 08-08-2009 04:58 AM

I remember hearing if you go into Start>Settings>System>Clock & Alarms and change the time there and not by just changing it on the tflo screen it will stay.....I don't use 6.5 but I remembering reading that not too long ago. I hope this helps guys..... if not mybad