PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   skyfire opens then closes in energy rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78373)

probuild521 08-07-2009 03:02 PM

skyfire opens then closes in energy rom

just switched from mighty to energy rom and now when i try to use skyfire it just opens then closes once i try to press go on a website or open a link from an email. any ideas?

Noir 08-07-2009 03:23 PM

Re: skyfire opens then closes in energy rom

could it be your ram?
also what is your pagepool is it between 8-10 mb for a vzw touch pro?

probuild521 08-07-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1087534)
could it be your ram?
also what is your pagepool is it between 8-10 mb for a vzw touch pro?

i couldnt find the pagepool changer for energy rom, does it come with one or where can i download one to do it?

Noir 08-07-2009 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
see attached

bkurek 08-07-2009 04:39 PM

you proabably don't and won't have enough ram even if you change the pp to 8. energy is really built for the non-verizon touch pro. i've been doing a lot of testing this week with the energy rom. it's really pretty but doesn't play perfectly on a crippled tp.

Noir 08-07-2009 04:42 PM

actually it does very well
I am on 10 mb pp standard memory doesn't go above 69% on startup and with apps texting 89%
it does pretty well, actually amazingly well

bkurek 08-07-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1087633)
actually it does very well
I am on 10 mb pp standard memory doesn't go above 69% on startup and with apps texting 89%
it does pretty well, actually amazingly well

i guess we use our phones differently. i like it when i'm not surprised that it's running well. energy does run pretty well but i bet it runs great on a sprint phone. but if it works great for you that is good to hear. at this point i don't think i can continue to run this rom. unfortunately. the constant browser and outlook crashing due to low memory is intrusive to how i use my phone every day. perhaps if a lite version or kitchen format appears i can strip a few things out. i really do like the rom though.

Mrbonner 08-07-2009 06:04 PM

Im using energy rom on a sprint touch pro and this problem happens with every other browser except skyfire. Opera nd internet explorer closes after like a min of it being open. Thought it was only me but happens on my girls nd my bros phone. Skyfire works fine however. What could be the problem?

P.S. Tested it after a fresh flash of the 8/1 rom and still problems