PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Charging connector broke on phone

I woke this morning to find my phone almost dead even though I had it on the charger all night. After resetting the phone, taking out the battery and pluging the charger in a few times and still not getting a charge I looked at the bottom of the phone where the charger plugs into and found that the flat plastic piece in the center is cracked in the middle. I dont have a stand alone battery charger so my phone is now dead. Doesnt HTC warrant these phones for a year? I wonder if this is something that they would cover.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Charging connector broke on phone

you could probably do and advance exchange on it, assuming you have TEP. You could probably also take it into a repair center.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work

Nope don't have TEP.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ouch, no TEP...yeah HTC has a 1 year warranty. I think you have to send it to them and 2 months later, you get it back. It's probably not 2 months, but I have heard people posting that it does take several weeks. I can't speak from experience because I always do TEP.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

Hopefully you have a old Sprint phone you can activate while your TP is getting fixed from HTC.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, hopefully it wont take too long. I have an old Samsung a900 that my 2 year old kids have been playing with. They like to listen to music on it. They have chewed it up and riped the camera off of it but it still works, so I'll have to use that one.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

my connecter thingy is really loose going to sent it back as well
Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I took my phone into a Sprint service store and since it was still under the 1 year warranty from HTC they fixed it there for free. They replaced the charging port in under 30 minutes and I walked away a happy customer.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:32 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeythekidd View Post
I took my phone into a Sprint service store and since it was still under the 1 year warranty from HTC they fixed it there for free. They replaced the charging port in under 30 minutes and I walked away a happy customer.
Right on. I had the same issue with my Mogul and they said they couldn't fix it and I would be forced to go through Asurion.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

The charging port on the Touch Pro is actually replacable, it's part of the rear housing, but it can be unplugged by the ribbon cable, and replaced if the local service center has one available. They are able to "Harvest" the part from another phone, even if it is being sent back. Hopefully it's not considered physical damage, or the service center may have a spare charging port they can swap out for you. It would be covered under the 12 month manufacturer's warranty if they deem it so. Hope this helps!

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro