PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

johnrg87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need some help - I think my phone is bricked.

So I was trying out a new radio for my touch pro last night...

Everything was going along as usual until the phone restarted. The 'HTC Touch Pro' screen came up and then the phone cut right back off. The screen was blank and as far as I can tell the phone was off, but it wouldn't stop vibrating until I pulled the battery out and unplugged the USB cable. Now any attempt to turn the phone back on gives me the same result. I get the HTC Touch Pro screen and then constant vibrating. I've tried pressing the vol down button, enter key, and reset button to do a hard reset(I think that's how to do it manually), and I've also tried the soft reset. Neither have worked. Though probably because the phone isn't actually on other than the couple of seconds the Touch Pro screen is up.

I have insurance with sprint, so I guess I'll have to take it in for a replacement. I'm just worried because the phone is unlocked and has a custom rom as well as a different radio. But seeing as the phone won't turn on I think I might be okay. I'm not sure though.. Is there any other way for them to find out?

Has anyone else here had this or something similar happen to them? Is there maybe a way to fix it or any troubleshooting I can try? Or should I just take my chances with Sprint? I'd appreciate any help at all. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:22 AM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work
Re: Need some help - I think my phone is bricked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrg87 View Post
So I was trying out a new radio for my touch pro last night...

Everything was going along as usual until the phone restarted. The 'HTC Touch Pro' screen came up and then the phone cut right back off. The screen was blank and as far as I can tell the phone was off, but it wouldn't stop vibrating until I pulled the battery out and unplugged the USB cable. Now any attempt to turn the phone back on gives me the same result. I get the HTC Touch Pro screen and then constant vibrating. I've tried pressing the vol down button, enter key, and reset button to do a hard reset(I think that's how to do it manually), and I've also tried the soft reset. Neither have worked. Though probably because the phone isn't actually on other than the couple of seconds the Touch Pro screen is up.

I have insurance with sprint, so I guess I'll have to take it in for a replacement. I'm just worried because the phone is unlocked and has a custom rom as well as a different radio. But seeing as the phone won't turn on I think I might be okay. I'm not sure though.. Is there any other way for them to find out?

Has anyone else here had this or something similar happen to them? Is there maybe a way to fix it or any troubleshooting I can try? Or should I just take my chances with Sprint? I'd appreciate any help at all. Thanks.

When it comes up to the Touch Pro boot screen does it show the new radio version at the bottom? That would be the only hint I can see Sprint catching if you want it replaced, but it kinda sounds toast man....
Old 08-07-2009, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

was the phone unlocked?
can you get into bootloader
how did you try and flash a new radio?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

johnrg87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
was the phone unlocked?
can you get into bootloader
how did you try and flash a new radio?
Yes, I unlocked the phone.

No, can't get into bootloader.

I just followed the directions from the 'radio' thread in the upgrades section. Put it into Active Sync and so on. I've changed the radio a couple of times before without any trouble.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

johnrg87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
When it comes up to the Touch Pro boot screen does it show the new radio version at the bottom? That would be the only hint I can see Sprint catching if you want it replaced, but it kinda sounds toast man....
No, it doesn't even make it that far. I turn the phone, a screen comes up that only reads "Touch Pro", and then the phone cuts off and the vibrator kicks on. The screen is only on for like 2 seconds.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

reflash stock via sd card and try again
edit that won't work
uhm hm call tep insurance....
Old 08-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

johnrg87 is a n00b

What's tep insurance?
Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

do a hard reset, hold down the vol downthe enter button then hold down the power button should do the trick
Old 08-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

johnrg87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcman724 View Post
do a hard reset, hold down the vol downthe enter button then hold down the power button should do the trick
Damn, I tried that and thought for a second it was going to work. But it just went back to doing the same thing.

I guess I'm gonna have to take it into sprint tomorrow. Hopefully they won't be able to tell it's unlocked or anything. I don't see how they could.. I'm just don't wanna get screwed.

Any other ideas?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

bkurek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrg87 View Post
Damn, I tried that and thought for a second it was going to work. But it just went back to doing the same thing.

I guess I'm gonna have to take it into sprint tomorrow. Hopefully they won't be able to tell it's unlocked or anything. I don't see how they could.. I'm just don't wanna get screwed.

Any other ideas?
try the other key combo. open the keyoard and hold down the down arrow, volume down, and power. push reset.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro