PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Have your ever got to a point with your phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78323)

strickly_ppc670 08-07-2009 09:45 AM

Have your ever got to a point with your phone

and said Im done with this thing. Well, I have reach my limit with
this phone. My phone has locked up so much that I can even use
for simple text messaging. TP- that is.. I dont think this is a hardware
problem but a software is mainly the OS it is sitting on. I love the
ROMS, especially the one Im rocking right now, but it wont do me
any good if a reboot takes 10+ minutes and requires another one
right after.

I enjoy the speed and features at first and it slowly starts to lagging
and the response turn to crap.

My question is this: Has anyone ever played with the Android OS?
and is it stable? I cant say I like the HERO phone, but the OS+ phone
might be a good combo.

Heck, I would like to see the Android OS running on the TP.

TP2 coming down the pipeline ... Will that be the same except bigger
screen and international lock ups/lags?

Sorry to the rant- But my frustration is getting the better of me and
I would like to hear any suggestions to bring my TP back to life...

elmerfudpucker 08-07-2009 10:03 AM

Re: Have your ever got to a point with your phone

go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27690 hope that helps

Asphyx 08-07-2009 11:28 AM

Have you tried Caulk's 6.1 flavor instead?

One of the most stable roms I have ever run and fast too even on my VZW TP!

I know everyone loves to run the latest and greatest but 6.5 is a beta and it acts like one...
Sure you can tweak and avoid the quirks by hacking packages to work with 6.5 but then your only introducing new bugs to an already buggy infrastructure.

ShadowDrake 08-07-2009 02:19 PM

I'm at that point right now. I'm actively searching for something else. The HTC Hero isn't what I want. The Palm Pre isn't either, but I'm about to jump ship.

I leave my phone home most days now just because I don't want to deal with it - I don't feel like I want to use it, the ability to stay in touch just isn't worth the hassle.

I've had 7 replacements, and 4 repairs, and the current phone is broken also - keyboard issue again. Sprint store can't fix it (says he doesn't have any keyboards around that work... wtf?) and they don't have any more in stock, and say they won't.

I pretty much hit breaking point when the Sprint tech stole my 8gb class 6 SD card, never even opened my phone to attempt a keyboard repair and has been constantly lying since. I'm going back to the store today to tell the tech if he wants my card that bad he can have it, I just want the data back from it.

When the TP2 hits Sprint I'm getting switched (for free and without contract extension) or I'm leaving. I'll probably end up getting an iPhone and live with not having a keyboard. I've been patient so far but all of this has culminated into one heaping pile of bull**** I can't deal with any more.

mlin 08-07-2009 02:33 PM

I have had nothing but great luck with my TP, (now belongs to my wife), but for the 8 months I used it I never had a single repair, replacement, or the lag that you mention above. I like to run a memmaid clean every couple of weeks or so. I'm not sure if it actually helps anything, but it certainly frees up a fair amount of space when I am running low on my diamond. Hope you find something that works for you.

rev800x 08-07-2009 02:46 PM

I have been shopping as well. The only reasons I use this phone is for the Garmin GPS, weatherpanel and email alerts. I hardly use it for anything else that a "dumb" phone can't do (ie: music, web surf, text, camera, ect.) I hate the lock ups and lags. I know it has to do with the ROM's but even with the stock ROM the battery dies so quickly. That is my biggest complaint is the battery life. Before I jumped on the "smart" phone bandwagon, my Samsung Hue would last a whole week without a charge, even with medium talk time and web surfing.

strickly_ppc670 08-07-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker (Post 1086984)

Thanks for the link... that helps clean up the mess in this phone.

Does anyone have any thoughts about future phones/OS/ etc?

My wife has the TP as well and I wont upgrade her because I dont
want to work on the lock ups and lag. this way I can blame M$ and HTC
for the work.

AHHHHHHHHHH. Freaking phone.

orangekid 08-07-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asphyx (Post 1087122)
Have you tried Caulk's 6.1 flavor instead?

One of the most stable roms I have ever run and fast too even on my VZW TP!

I know everyone loves to run the latest and greatest but 6.5 is a beta and it acts like one...
Sure you can tweak and avoid the quirks by hacking packages to work with 6.5 but then your only introducing new bugs to an already buggy infrastructure.

Any time I use roms cooked in calcs kitchen they come out stable and smooth. Im rockign a touch diamond with da reeseboy 6.5, I barely ever get any freeze of any kind. a soft reset takes about 60 seconds, and I have tweaked this and that, use many today screens which I switch back and forth from, use many programs, and nothing but smoothness.

I've gotten to the point of "%^&* this phone" with some other roms. And I don't know what modding an android is like right now, but Im pretty sure someone will port android to wm and I would never ever get a hero over a tp2, sounds like you just need the right rom. 23016 is a really stable build and I haven't had any problems with it.

elmerfudpucker 08-07-2009 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=strickly_ppc670;1087539]Thanks for the link... that helps clean up the mess in this phone.
QUOTE]

No problem, and if you decide you want to get rid of it, pm me.:mrgreen: