PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 07:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Juicy 8 vs Energy ROM

I have had energy running on a spare TP for about a week now (I run the SAC Warrior ROM on my everyday phone). The ROM is really nice, but for some reason the battery life is a lot worse than any other 6.5 ROM that I've tried (& I've tried them all).

When I run the SAC, merdin's 6.5 or NFSFAN's ROM my battery life has been quite noticeably better even after tweaking energy & installing Lumos. There are plenty of other people having the same problem with that ROM if you read through the upgrade thread.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 08-07-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I wont be unfair as I havent tried Juicy... but I flashed Energy last night and I probably wont be changing my rom again. This thing is pretty much perfect to me.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Energy for me. I did give Juicy a try and didn't think it was as fast (or pretty) as NRGZ's.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:26 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I love the aesthetics, speed, and stability of NRG, but for battery life it sucks and Juicy can't be beat. I still use NRG since I onlly go for about 9 hours a day, 10-7. Yesterday I went from 1-11 and had 22% and the day before that with juicy I got 12- 11 with 60% left.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
I love the aesthetics, .
it is cool looking, but that never seemed to me to be a legit reason to choose a ROM.

In my 2nd phone, I changed the taskbar icons & the bottom icons & installed the NRG wallpaper & now it looks identical to the NRG setup (it might have taken five minutes to make the changes)

~John
Old 08-07-2009, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

I am exclusively running Juicy and it's very clean but this thread is making me want to try NRG
Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

why why why

post like this in the past have went south FAST
Old 08-07-2009, 10:08 AM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Both Make Very good Roms, but Totally different Styles, Juicy makes a cleaner rom (Safer) Energy will give you a control center, He reminds me of MerdinH because of how often he updates his roms.Energy also gives you 4 different versions of his ROM, including my favorite: Titanium and TF3d2 combined. But I honestly believe that It's Between Energy, NFSFan and Demolition all are not scared to test the TP. I still have love for MerdinH though.

ALi
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
It contained some coding for windows mobile 6.5 roms which at the time was prohibited from being in any custom roms.

And i think both roms a very good, i tried both, and i must say i was impressed with both roms on performance and stability, so it would really depend on your to try them both out, and see which theme you like better, and which has better apps to better accommodate you.
BTW, this guy ^ makes great ROMs too!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

I prefer Energy. Using it now and love it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro