PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Fast Rhodium ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78267)

kernel610 08-06-2009 09:42 PM

Fast Rhodium ROM

I've been using MightyROM for a long time now. I was on Mighty4 and then I decided it was time to reflash to see what else is out there. I've used the Rhodium ROMs when they first came out but wanted to see if they've improved. My biggest problem with them is battery life. They seem to drain so fast even when not being used. I have yet to find a good Rhodium ROM that conserves battery well. I think the best I've come across is Silence Lite, but that's about it. Still no where near the battery life I was seeing on Mighty4. Really the only thing I like about the Rhodium is the calendar tab, and it looks like no one has been able to port that over yet, unless I'm mistaken. I've seen the plain calendar tab, but not the interactive one like the Rhodium Touch Flo. Any suggestions? If possible, let me know what you're using and how it compares to others.

philliyxx 08-06-2009 09:44 PM

Re: Fast Rhodium ROM

try psyki 3 or beta 4. btw this topic is going to be moved because it's on the wrong forum. peace.

kernel610 08-06-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliyxx (Post 1086165)
try psyki 3 or beta 4. btw this topic is going to be moved because it's on the wrong forum. peace.

Sorry, what forum should it be in? The general Touch Pro thread? I figured since I have a CDMA phone and looking for a CDMA ROM that it should go here. Just let me know and I'll delete the thread and repost in the right area. Thanks!

philliyxx 08-06-2009 10:24 PM

Don't worry it's all good. Topics in this section [upgrades] should be about specific ROMS. Since your question is pretty broad/general then it will probably be moved to the general touch pro device thread.

Now silence is a fast Rhodium I agree 100%. Try PSYKI!!!

Maverick77 08-06-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliyxx (Post 1086223)
Don't worry it's all good. Topics in this section [upgrades] should be about specific ROMS. Since your question is pretty broad/general then it will probably be moved to the general touch pro device thread.

Now silence is a fast Rhodium I agree 100%. Try PSYKI!!!

I agree...Silence's Rhodium is really good. What I actually did was used Silence 6.1 SYS from his Kitchen and added XBmod's 1e Rhodium from Calkulin's OEM's. It's a pretty good combination. The latest XBmod's works with the HTC dialer. Psyki's ROM will do the same, as well.

kernel610 08-06-2009 11:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far! Have you guys used MightyROM and how does it compare in terms of battery life? I really don't do much. I text a bit and occassionally use the internet but that's not a daily thing. My problem is that the battery seems to be dead by 5-6pm and I didn't even do anything on it. I have my email account to check every 4 hours and connections set to turn off after a minute. With Mighty, I could go about 2 days with my normal usage before needing to be charged. With the Rhodium ROMs I've tried I can't even seem get through the day. So I know you guys say Silence's and PSYKI's ROMS are good and fast, but how are they on battery?

t0mmyr 08-06-2009 11:26 PM

i vote that psykis is the best. it beats out everything ive compared it to in opengl test. its fluid smooth and stable. and gets better if u leave aaaaaaaaaaaaaaapps running (sorry my hardware keyboard is dying) and dont soft-reset for days, ice never seen other roms get better after time. one guy has gotten over 40hours of life on one charge on final psyki3 rom

Rourke Swift 08-06-2009 11:28 PM

I was always satisfied with the battery life on Silence's Rhodium ROMs. It didn't last me quite as long as MR4/R3BORN, but I figured it was a fair trade-off for the TF3D2. Easily lasts into Day 2 though if you forget to charge.

tatoniss 08-06-2009 11:35 PM

both grove rom and calkulins rom have great battery life, right now im using groove and so far its great

rstoyguy 08-07-2009 08:19 AM

Moved to the general touch pro forum...