PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: me

Plan B is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone know how to sync media with VISTA PC?

I cannot seem to get this right, and cannot find info on it in this forum anywhere. Can anyone tell me how this is done. When I connect my TP to my Vista PC, I have to select on my TP 'disk drive' (on XP I could just hook it up as activesync). After selecting disk drive, I open Windows Media and create my partnership with my TP. Then I drag the 'playlists' I have made over to the sync section, hit sync and wait. When all is synced, I disconnect my TP and check for the playlists. The playlist do not show up, but the music is there. Now when I did this with XP it worked fine showing playlists and all. I am running the most current version of WMP on my Vista. Can anyone help??
Old 08-06-2009, 09:28 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: Does anyone know how to sync media with VISTA PC?

Windows is all jacked up and you might want to consider syncing with WinAmp. However, I would first try reinstalling activesync (or whatever it is called on Vista).

Old 08-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

everytime you sync and/or add media, you must press the update library button. it's located in the media player menu. edit, i just re-read your post. don't use disk drive, use active sync but still follow my 1st suggestion.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: me
Threadstarter

Plan B is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
everytime you sync and/or add media, you must press the update library button. it's located in the media player menu. edit, i just re-read your post. don't use disk drive, use active sync but still follow my 1st suggestion.
Yes I am aware about the update thing. In Vista it doesn't show the storage card memory when connected via active sync, but it does in XP. That is why I have to connect it as 'disk drive'. I spoke with a Sprint Tech today, and he informed me that there are issues with this problem via Vista, and to use XP if possible...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro