PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G
Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

I have used buildos before, numerous times to write roms for the 6700 and the 6800. Now that I have a Touch Pro and have tried to come back and compile me a rom the buildos does not wanna work. After I tell buildos to compile the rom, it goes through perfectly up until about the end and then I get this error message, "Error building default.hv and user.hv"

Anyone knows whats going on, please give me a hand. There are many different roms that others have made that are nice but it is never your own till you make it that way. HELP!!

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Apr 20| 21899 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

I've had that happen when I've had a problem with one of my USER_OEMs. Once I've found the one that was the culprit, the rom builds just fine.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this belongs here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom3G View Post
I have used buildos before, numerous times to write roms for the 6700 and the 6800. Now that I have a Touch Pro and have tried to come back and compile me a rom the buildos does not wanna work. After I tell buildos to compile the rom, it goes through perfectly up until about the end and then I get this error message, "Error building default.hv and user.hv"

Anyone knows whats going on, please give me a hand. There are many different roms that others have made that are nice but it is never your own till you make it that way. HELP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I've had that happen when I've had a problem with one of my USER_OEMs. Once I've found the one that was the culprit, the rom builds just fine.
More specifically the OEM in question has a hive that is not being imported by regcomp (?).

There should be a .log file in the temp folder. Open that and post the last 4 lines. I will tell you exactly what is wrong.

IF I Dont respond PM me. Very busy!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
More specifically the OEM in question has a hive that is not being imported by regcomp (?).

There should be a .log file in the temp folder. Open that and post the last 4 lines. I will tell you exactly what is wrong.

IF I Dont respond PM me. Very busy!
Where is the temp folder?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:47 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

The status window in the build should display the RGUID of the culprit.

But your error message is an improperly formated registry entry in the RGU of OEM in the user_oem folder. Or an improperly formatted RGU all together. I don't use ppckitchen's buildos, but an older version.

Ask your question in that kitchen's thread and I'm sure you'll get the answer you are seeking.

Here's the thread: Sticky: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ppl I would really like some help here! Why is the kitchen not working!? I dont have an old kitchen to use. I've downloaded the new kitchen and everything else and nothing is working. I'm so pissed.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom3G View Post
Ppl I would really like some help here! Why is the kitchen not working!? I dont have an old kitchen to use. I've downloaded the new kitchen and everything else and nothing is working. I'm so pissed.
I see that you have already asked the question in the software authors thread, you can also go to their website for support www.ppckitchen.com and open up a trouble ticket, or you can go to their website and go into chat for immediate assistance. Those are the best options, now you have to just sit back and relax, and the answer will appear soon...

I would also suggest removing your OEM's from the USER_OEM folder and adding them back in one by one until you get the error. Then fix it. You'll have to refresh with each addition so that buildos picks up the oem too. It is also my expierence that BuildOS also processes the RGU's of OEM's that are not selected. (reads them, checks formatting, and then decides to include the RGU info)...That's why I move all of them to a different folder.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I see that you have already asked the question in the software authors thread, you can also go to their website for support www.ppckitchen.com and open up a trouble ticket, or you can go to their website and go into chat for immediate assistance. Those are the best options, now you have to just sit back and relax, and the answer will appear soon...

I would also suggest removing your OEM's from the USER_OEM folder and adding them back in one by one until you get the error. Then fix it. You'll have to refresh with each addition so that buildos picks up the oem too. It is also my expierence that BuildOS also processes the RGU's of OEM's that are not selected. (reads them, checks formatting, and then decides to include the RGU info)...That's why I move all of them to a different folder.
There are only three folders in my USER_OEM folder. Additional Ringtones, Additional Sounds, and Additional Themes. I left all of them out of the build, because it was mentioned before and still no dice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro