PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 AM
Wisdom3G's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Milwaukee, WI
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Reputation: 75
Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G
Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

I have used buildos before, numerous times to write roms for the 6700 and the 6800. Now that I have a Touch Pro and have tried to come back and compile me a rom the buildos does not wanna work. After I tell buildos to compile the rom, it goes through perfectly up until about the end and then I get this error message, "Error building default.hv and user.hv"

Anyone knows whats going on, please give me a hand. There are many different roms that others have made that are nice but it is never your own till you make it that way. HELP!!
__________________
-The 1 & Only-

(`..`..`..- 'Energy' |Apr 20| 21899 -..`..`..)
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
fredcatsmommy's Avatar
Almost a VIP
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 763
Reputation: 530
fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

I've had that happen when I've had a problem with one of my USER_OEMs. Once I've found the one that was the culprit, the rom builds just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Sporkman's Avatar
Just a NooB
Offline
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint
Location: in a locked dark room
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,530
Reputation: 1245
Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

this belongs here



http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
scrosler's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Fargo ND
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,114
Reputation: 20875
scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom3G View Post
I have used buildos before, numerous times to write roms for the 6700 and the 6800. Now that I have a Touch Pro and have tried to come back and compile me a rom the buildos does not wanna work. After I tell buildos to compile the rom, it goes through perfectly up until about the end and then I get this error message, "Error building default.hv and user.hv"

Anyone knows whats going on, please give me a hand. There are many different roms that others have made that are nice but it is never your own till you make it that way. HELP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I've had that happen when I've had a problem with one of my USER_OEMs. Once I've found the one that was the culprit, the rom builds just fine.
More specifically the OEM in question has a hive that is not being imported by regcomp (?).

There should be a .log file in the temp folder. Open that and post the last 4 lines. I will tell you exactly what is wrong.

IF I Dont respond PM me. Very busy!
__________________


Donations always accepted but never expected!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:29 PM
CozBoogie's Avatar
Coz-erator
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Pacific Northwest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,694
Reputation: 15639
CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
__________________
"I don't want to spend my life explaining myself. Either you get it or you don't." Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Wisdom3G's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: Milwaukee, WI
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Reputation: 75
Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
More specifically the OEM in question has a hive that is not being imported by regcomp (?).

There should be a .log file in the temp folder. Open that and post the last 4 lines. I will tell you exactly what is wrong.

IF I Dont respond PM me. Very busy!
Where is the temp folder?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2009, 01:47 PM
rstoyguy's Avatar
SuperNoob
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Location: Wichita, KS
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,309
Reputation: 23264
rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

The status window in the build should display the RGUID of the culprit.

But your error message is an improperly formated registry entry in the RGU of OEM in the user_oem folder. Or an improperly formatted RGU all together. I don't use ppckitchen's buildos, but an older version.

Ask your question in that kitchen's thread and I'm sure you'll get the answer you are seeking.

Here's the thread: Sticky: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen
__________________
If this post was helpfull, let me know by clicking Thanks!

Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Wisdom3G's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: Milwaukee, WI
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Reputation: 75
Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

Ppl I would really like some help here! Why is the kitchen not working!? I dont have an old kitchen to use. I've downloaded the new kitchen and everything else and nothing is working. I'm so pissed.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
rstoyguy's Avatar
SuperNoob
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Location: Wichita, KS
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,309
Reputation: 23264
rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom3G View Post
Ppl I would really like some help here! Why is the kitchen not working!? I dont have an old kitchen to use. I've downloaded the new kitchen and everything else and nothing is working. I'm so pissed.
I see that you have already asked the question in the software authors thread, you can also go to their website for support www.ppckitchen.com and open up a trouble ticket, or you can go to their website and go into chat for immediate assistance. Those are the best options, now you have to just sit back and relax, and the answer will appear soon...

I would also suggest removing your OEM's from the USER_OEM folder and adding them back in one by one until you get the error. Then fix it. You'll have to refresh with each addition so that buildos picks up the oem too. It is also my expierence that BuildOS also processes the RGU's of OEM's that are not selected. (reads them, checks formatting, and then decides to include the RGU info)...That's why I move all of them to a different folder.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Wisdom3G's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: Milwaukee, WI
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Reputation: 75
Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G
Re: Buildos Not Working Properly!! What Happened??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I see that you have already asked the question in the software authors thread, you can also go to their website for support www.ppckitchen.com and open up a trouble ticket, or you can go to their website and go into chat for immediate assistance. Those are the best options, now you have to just sit back and relax, and the answer will appear soon...

I would also suggest removing your OEM's from the USER_OEM folder and adding them back in one by one until you get the error. Then fix it. You'll have to refresh with each addition so that buildos picks up the oem too. It is also my expierence that BuildOS also processes the RGU's of OEM's that are not selected. (reads them, checks formatting, and then decides to include the RGU info)...That's why I move all of them to a different folder.
There are only three folders in my USER_OEM folder. Additional Ringtones, Additional Sounds, and Additional Themes. I left all of them out of the build, because it was mentioned before and still no dice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com