PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vindication84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vindication84
Flashing question

So, i decided that i wanted to see what it would be like to flash back temporarily to the stock rom (ha! hahaha!) but i quickly realized that it was a bad idea when i lost 20% battery in about 20 minutes. lol. and now i'm itching to flash back to a custom rom but my battery's not 50%. does it HAVE to be at 50% for the flashing to work? Why is that a rule anyway?
#1 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it wet, did Asurion replacement
#2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it NIB, but keyboard died after 2.5 months
#3 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, hardware problems. Yuck.
#4 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, slow keyboard decay, hoping for a Touch Pro2!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

kanyewest is a n00b
Re: Flashing question

No it doesn't have to be 50% for it to work.. it's just recommended..
just go ahead and flash back don't be scared... lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

vindication84 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to vindication84

lol i'm never scared to flash. i just didnt know why it "had" to be 50% and didnt wanna take any chances
Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

If you are doing it over an activesync via USB connection, it doesn't really matter. The reason why it is recommended that you have a 50% charge or higher is because if you are doing it the memory card route with no external charger/USB connection, your battery could die before the new ROM gets flashed. Failure to complete a ROM flash will most likely brick your phone. The reason it is reccomended to have a 50% charge or higher is simply risk management.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 08-06-2009, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
If you are doing it over an activesync via USB connection, it doesn't really matter. The reason why it is recommended that you have a 50% charge or higher is because if you are doing it the memory card route with no external charger/USB connection, your battery could die before the new ROM gets flashed. Failure to complete a ROM flash will most likely brick your phone. The reason it is reccomended to have a 50% charge or higher is simply risk management.
when your in bootloader mode the phone does not charge through the USB. which is why they say 50% or better. of course the setup tells you that it can take 10 min to load the rom. i have never had one take more than 4 min.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I just go into bootloader mode its faster for me. A while ago when I was a real noob I would find something I wanted to flash and then put it on the charger and wait an hour, constantly running back and forth to see if it was at 50% yet... I too have never had a rom take more than 3 or 4 mins to flash.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro