PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Q] Help on TF3D2 ROM's

I have been reading and reading and reading on the new TF3D2, and Manila 2.1 and this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542113 doesn't give a CAB..is there even one? And I can't even find a decent ROM that includes TF3D2. Can anyone give me some insight as to what the progress is and point me in the right direction? I have searched XDA and PPCGEEKS numerous times, but it seems that it's all in terms that I don't really understand.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [Q] Help on TF3D2 ROM's

Well #1...Manila 2.1 was released about 3 hours ago so I doubt highly your going to see any rom with it installed for at least a day or two...prob longer although there are guys who don't sleep around here cooking all the time! LOL

#2 something as vast as Manila 2.1 (and everything that has to go with it) would ve virtually impossible to install via a cab unless you had a stripped CLEAN rom and even then the Dialer you need to run it must be cooked into that clean rom which would make it not such a clean rom really! LOL

There are just too many packages Manila (any version actually) runs on and those packages are all seperate programs unto themselves.

So it would be unrealistic to expect a cab install to work. besides it would take up too much ram and it would not run as good as one cooked in...

Be patient the Cooks here will soon be releasing roms with the newly released OEMs...this is why the OEMs are the first thing released.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon
Threadstarter

xxmillertimexx is just getting started
Re: [Q] Help on TF3D2 ROM's

Thanks man. I was so confused, because I downloaded the OEM package..and had no idea what to do with it. And as of right now, what is the best clean ROM? I don't want one that has all the junk and bad TF3D themes in them. There are so many that I can't even keep track of which ones are new and which ones are last year.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro