PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Phone as modem issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78129)

robbie2883 08-05-2009 05:18 PM

Phone as modem issue

ok, i'm stumped. the other day i setup my phone to connect as modem through usb and data connection. plugged it into the usb port on my laptop, vista installed the divers and everything worked perfect. now two days later we're about to leave on our trip and i go to test it one more time before we leave and it doesn't work now. i check through my connections in the network center and it says it's connected to the phone but local only...no internet. i can't get it to work for anything. any suggestions anyone? sorry for not searching more but we are on the way out the door.

also i can still use the wifi router app to connect but i'd rather use the usb connection.

phone is a htc touch pro using mighty rom

MadlyAlive 08-05-2009 05:24 PM

Re: Phone as modem issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie2883 (Post 1083504)
ok, i'm stumped. the other day i setup my phone to connect as modem through usb and data connection. plugged it into the usb port on my laptop, vista installed the divers and everything worked perfect. now two days later we're about to leave on our trip and i go to test it one more time before we leave and it doesn't work now. i check through my connections in the network center and it says it's connected to the phone but local only...no internet. i can't get it to work for anything. any suggestions anyone? sorry for not searching more but we are on the way out the door.

also i can still use the wifi router app to connect but i'd rather use the usb connection.

You try a soft reset and restarting your computer?

I always go into Internet Sharing on the PPC first, hit USB, then connect...Once it says something about the USB cable not plugged in, I plug it in.

endoethedon 08-05-2009 06:43 PM

i get error code 56..and when i had the mogul there wasnt any problem..whats the deal?

Hypnotic2010 08-07-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie2883 (Post 1083504)

After you have the phone connected, on your pc go to network connections, find your TP's connection. Go into properties and find repair option, run that and see if that fixes it.

elmerfudpucker 08-07-2009 10:06 AM

Are you talking about wmwifirouter? If you have the newest version, it has a usb and Bluetooth selections too.