PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC HERO comming to Sprint

http://gizmodo.com/5330621/htc-hero-coming-to-sprint

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...ap-for-alltel/
Old 08-05-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
Re: HTC HERO comming to Sprint

I'm curious about this device. I'm undecided on the TP2. I might just wait and see if this worth the upgrade.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwide View Post
I'm curious about this device. I'm undecided on the TP2. I might just wait and see if this worth the upgrade.
hero or tp2? not a question, if you have a tp why would you want the tp2 imo. hero hero hero, ill wait! this has been posted before also op. wrong forum also, ppc news would be better, and if ya look there, its nit news.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 08-05-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:07 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yeah this post is in new section

But somewhere in that thread it says there are more Android based phones coming to Sprint by end of the yr? May be worth it to wait since the Hero hardware is pretty old (relatively speaking of course)

And I think I would miss the Dpad too much (even though it sucks) to go to the TP2. I do use it pretty often...
Old 08-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
hero or tp2? not a question, if you have a tp why would you want the tp2 imo. hero hero hero, ill wait! this has been posted before also op. wrong forum also, ppc news would be better, and if ya look there, its nit news.

Well the reason for the pro 2 over the hero is simple and the same reason to switch from the pro.Bigger screen on the pro 2.The Hero will not be as big and from the reviews it runs slow and also slingplayer will not run on it.

Those are just a few reasons to get pro 2 over the hero
Old 08-05-2009, 01:39 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Well the reason for the pro 2 over the hero is simple and the same reason to switch from the pro.Bigger screen on the pro 2.The Hero will not be as big and from the reviews it runs slow and also slingplayer will not run on it.

Yeah I mean, I like the hero, but there are definite advantages to having the tp2 coming from the tp, specifically that you can transfer over your apps. Also the screen resolution is better.

But who knows, I may try a hero in a sprint store and cream my pants.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:41 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post

can you tell me where you got that sling info, link maybe? heres some hero specs i like. http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...ne-p_3968.html tp2 specs, http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...ne-p_3710.html for me, hero got more to offer.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 08-05-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:01 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Yeah I mean, I like the hero, but there are definite advantages to having the tp2 coming from the tp, specifically that you can transfer over your apps. Also the screen resolution is better.

But who knows, I may try a hero in a sprint store and cream my pants.
I thought the screen resolution was staying the same...just with a bigger screen. Which I really don't see the advantage of.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
I thought the screen resolution was staying the same...just with a bigger screen. Which I really don't see the advantage of.
I think the TP2 is WVGA
Old 08-05-2009, 02:21 PM
acs tester

i just posted specs.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 08-05-2009 at 02:26 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro