PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC HERO comming to Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerman53 View Post
Right now im playing around with a Pre(like it alot so far)but if things dont work out I will most def b getting Hero.Nomore WM untill 7,I refuse to let HTC and MS fool me again with these minor upgrades when somthing major is def needed.
That's a good point. 6.5 just piles it on instead of rebuilds it. I expect the TP2 to be a relatively same experience as far as performance goes.

Are you doing the 30 day trial of the Pre? How's it going so far?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

triggerman53 is keeping up the good worktriggerman53 is keeping up the good work

Im really impressed by this thing.I had like 10 apps open yesterday with no problems,just minor slow downs but still quicker than my WM device.No freezing up at all.My Pro r Diamond never got me through a whole day but the Pre can with about 30% left.There r things missing though,like an RSS reader,browsers like skyfire, no text massage forwarding,and things like that(shore all this will b corrected near future).Im really becoming atached to this phone.The OS and phone have only been available to public for under 60 days and its really good,I can only imagine where it will b n the next 6 months.I have 30 days to return it but it becoming highly unlikely.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
hero or tp2? not a question, if you have a tp why would you want the tp2 imo. hero hero hero, ill wait! this has been posted before also op. wrong forum also, ppc news would be better, and if ya look there, its nit news.

the techs at the sprint repair center i was in yesterday said that everyone was going to be disappointed in the Hero. not exactly sure why tho.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

I'm on the fence. I am definitely not a TP2 upgrader.... the bigger screen and tilt really isnt enough for me to give up my less than one year old phone.

Plus I am interested in looking at other Smart Phone OS's. While I prefer WM over Palm, I want to look into the Android phones that are coming to Sprint. WM is a wonderfully flexible platform, but the overall mediocre responsiveness of the OS, and the woefully inadequate user interfaces leave much to be desired.

Plus the Android phones come promising 4G. Before I upgrade to my next phone, I wanna wait and see what WM7 has to offer.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 08-05-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

twolane is just getting started

Hero would be great if it came with a keyboard. I'm guessing though that people will be as unhappy with the hero as they are with the TP, and the TP2. These phones are all in desperate need of a HARDWARE upgrade more than anything else. You can only push the software so far before you hit the limits of the device.
As much as I'm dying for a good Android alternative on the Sprint network, I think you'd just be throwing your money away on a Hero at this point. Wait a month or so and see what else hits. If internet rumors are correct there are quite a few new phones coming to sprint before Christmas.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolane View Post
Hero would be great if it came with a keyboard. I'm guessing though that people will be as unhappy with the hero as they are with the TP, and the TP2. These phones are all in desperate need of a HARDWARE upgrade more than anything else. You can only push the software so far before you hit the limits of the device.
As much as I'm dying for a good Android alternative on the Sprint network, I think you'd just be throwing your money away on a Hero at this point. Wait a month or so and see what else hits. If internet rumors are correct there are quite a few new phones coming to sprint before Christmas.
I dont have much faith in big hardware breakthroughs until there is a battery breakthrough. Batteries arent up for the task of big computing power and small attractive form factors.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jeffyv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jeffyv Send a message via Yahoo to jeffyv Send a message via Skype™ to jeffyv

good news! im also gonna go get the my touch 3g from t mobile see how that goes.. im bored of my tp...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro