PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 07:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sprintmogulfan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to sprintmogulfan
Power warning question

Hi,

I have a Sprint Touch Pro and keep getting a power warning as of yesterday. The message says "Warning - The power will be shut off. You may lose data if you have not backed them up. Do you wish to continue?". I hit no and it just keeps popping up over and over. I hit yes and the phone restarts and keeps displaying the message. I am using the stock Sprint rom. Any ideas?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Power warning question

sounds way too obvious to me but is the power button stuck down?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, just realizd that the warning pops up everytime I hit the power button to turn off the screen. The screen doesnt turn off and the warning pops up. The warning does pop up randomly as well.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: Verizon.....has anyone seen my Alltel?

leighton86 is a n00b

sounds like you have a program or file that's trying to open up...or maybe finish downloading...

since it does it when even when the phone soft resets, it sounds like your phone is trying to open something over and over again.

i'm no phone pro, so if i'm wrong....don't rip me apart guys.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, I can definitely say that the power button is not stuck down. It depresses perfectly. Hmmm.....hope a hard reset is not in my future!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintmogulfan View Post
Hi,

I have a Sprint Touch Pro and keep getting a power warning as of yesterday. The message says "Warning - The power will be shut off. You may lose data if you have not backed them up. Do you wish to continue?". I hit no and it just keeps popping up over and over. I hit yes and the phone restarts and keeps displaying the message. I am using the stock Sprint rom. Any ideas?
Are you pressing the power button briefly or holding it down for several seconds? That message sounds like the type of message that normally appears when you press the power button for an extended period of time. And if the power button is not stuck down as you've said, then you possibly have a hardware / contact issue with the power button sending a false signal. Worst case, try a hard reset, and if that doesn't work then I think you have your answer.

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-03-2009 at 01:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Are you pressing the power button briefly or holding it down for several seconds? That message sounds like the type of message that normally appears when you press the power button for an extended period of time. And if the power button is not stuck down as you've said, then you possibly have a hardware / contact issue with the power button sending a false signal. Worst case, try a hard reset, and if that doesn't work then I think you have your answer.
+1 for covkid66. Ditto, good job. Hope that works.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

First of all.....I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to think about my issue and respond.

The typical behavior was pressing the power button once very quickly. Instead of the screen shutting off as intended....the warning would pop up. If I just press the "no" option the box keeps popping up.

Ok...so I ended up doing a hard reset. The dang warning still popped up afterward. So I had to leave the phone on the charger in the car while I was out at a location for work. When I came back...the phone was pretty hot. I went ahead and restored everything with sprite backup. The box still popped up. All of a sudden the box stopped popping up and the phone is acting normal again!????? I am able to kill power to the screen with a single press of the power button...and no warning box pops up.

Not sure whats going on but all seems to be healed.....for now.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Sounds to me like your original issue was caused by a short circuit in the power button causing the button to act as though it was pressed and held causing the question box to keep coming up. Probably, the switch un-stuck or stopped short circuiting and that's why it's acting normally now. I hope it stays that way! Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on it. I would take it to a repair center and have it checked. Or, if it is really new take it back for an exchange. That's my (long drawn out) two cents.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro