PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

areonic1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Program for pc, to use phone as modem?

Hey, well I finaly got my internet working on my phone, had to call sprint and put some user info into the phone.

Now, from my understanding, cell providers dont like you using your phone as a modem, or using it so your pc can access the internet. Then I was told a while back, there are programs, that you run that hides it so they dont know your doing that or what not.

So I was wondering , what program would be good to use for what Im trying to do (use phone as modem for pc)

Thank you in advance
Old 08-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod
Re: Program for pc, to use phone as modem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by areonic1 View Post
Hey, well I finaly got my internet working on my phone, had to call sprint and put some user info into the phone.

Now, from my understanding, cell providers dont like you using your phone as a modem, or using it so your pc can access the internet. Then I was told a while back, there are programs, that you run that hides it so they dont know your doing that or what not.

So I was wondering , what program would be good to use for what Im trying to do (use phone as modem for pc)

Thank you in advance
well is a registry hack, and then go to internet sharing on your phone and wualaa....

there is the cab flowing around here, especially in the diamond forum.. if i found it i put it here

but which phone you have?

but what phone you have?

there is a registry hack flowing around here especially in the diamond forum, if i found it i post it...

Last edited by rafyrod; 08-04-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: none
Old 08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

CORRECT ME IF IAM WRONG, but i dont think is possible to hide that info from then, it has something to do with the amount of info you are using, (megabytes downloaded) they can tell the diference on usage between your ppc or your pc, thats because you the pages you open from the computer are bigger than the ones you open from your ppc,i been using phone as a modem for couple years without unusual charges, (i have unlimited data plan).

But in the other hand would be nice to have a program capable of doing that.

Last edited by JAVIERBOND007; 08-05-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

no they cant because most people use opera mobile and you can set it to bring up full pages. they really dont care about pam as long as you dont use it heavily
Old 08-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

sorry your wrong - you can hide what device the internet is being used from so sprint can't tell if on a pc or a ppc. there are reg value to add/remove. easier way is just to flash a custom rom - like the one in my sig or mightyrom6 - they have them built in. note that you still need unlimited data but with the right tools you can hide what device its being used from. i use it when the cable goes down and no extra charges.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have been using Internet Sharing/WMWiFiRouter for a couple years now fairly heavily (pretty much daily) and have never had any problems from sprint nor been billed anything additional.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

Alright, sorry for the lack of into. What I have CURRENTLY is....
HTC Touch Pro
Stock Shipped Rom(downloaded from here)
Sprint Provider
Unlimited Everything Plan

Now, I was using mightyrom, but my internet wouldnt work. In order to even get internet to work on my phone, I hd to put the stock rom on, then put in the ## number to unlock it, and edit my profile thing with what sprint told me to put, then it started working. Thats why Im not using a special rom at the moment.

I currently am using PDAnet as the program that I guess makes it so your phone can be a modem.From what I read on a site a while back, to use your phone as a modem, you have to use a prgram, such as pdanet, but my tral will run out soon and then Ill have to pay for it. From what I read on ppcgeeks, you dont have to do that, that theres a way to make it work for free.

Also, for the people that say they have been doing this for a long time, if you dont mind, whih provider do you have, and how mucch do you use it? Like just basic web sites once in a while, basic sites all day, downloads, downloads of large files etc....sorry just trying to get an idea of limits

Forgot one thing, is there a way to make the screen turn off while connected to the pc as a modem? Cause mines getting really hot if i use it for like 20mins, and it wont charge at the same time either

Anyway, thank you guys for the help so far...

Last edited by areonic1; 08-04-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: forgot a question
Old 08-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by areonic1 View Post
Alright, sorry for the lack of into. What I have CURRENTLY is....
HTC Touch Pro
Stock Shipped Rom(downloaded from here)
Sprint Provider
Unlimited Everything Plan

Now, I was using mightyrom, but my internet wouldnt work. In order to even get internet to work on my phone, I hd to put the stock rom on, then put in the ## number to unlock it, and edit my profile thing with what sprint told me to put, then it started working. Thats why Im not using a special rom at the moment.

I currently am using PDAnet as the program that I guess makes it so your phone can be a modem.From what I read on a site a while back, to use your phone as a modem, you have to use a prgram, such as pdanet, but my tral will run out soon and then Ill have to pay for it. From what I read on ppcgeeks, you dont have to do that, that theres a way to make it work for free.

Also, for the people that say they have been doing this for a long time, if you dont mind, whih provider do you have, and how mucch do you use it? Like just basic web sites once in a while, basic sites all day, downloads, downloads of large files etc....sorry just trying to get an idea of limits

Forgot one thing, is there a way to make the screen turn off while connected to the pc as a modem? Cause mines getting really hot if i use it for like 20mins, and it wont charge at the same time either

Anyway, thank you guys for the help so far...

You do not need PDAnet or any programs. There is a simple regedit you make to make it work and then you just use the internet sharing program that came on your phone with the standard sprint data profile. Just hit connect and plug it in and it works simple as that.
--
(From Baffles TP essentials Thread)

Hack Internet Sharing to work: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing] Delete Extension key, set/create MaxCMCon=0 (decimal). [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings] Set ForceCellConnection="Sprint" -- Cabified Version Here
--

You can set your backlight to turn off wich should save you some heat possibly.

I use my data for all kinds of things. Downloading files, surfing the web anything i would do normally. I travel a lot and often hotels internet is so crappy i will teather instead.

Last edited by eehrhard; 08-04-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

Check out the Free HTC wifi app if you want to do it wireless.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75461

Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kre8ve is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to kre8ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
You do not need PDAnet or any programs. There is a simple regedit you make to make it work and then you just use the internet sharing program that came on your phone with the standard sprint data profile. Just hit connect and plug it in and it works simple as that.
--
(From Baffles TP essentials Thread)

Hack Internet Sharing to work: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing] Delete Extension key, set/create MaxCMCon=0 (decimal). [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings] Set ForceCellConnection="Sprint" -- Cabified Version Here
--

You can set your backlight to turn off wich should save you some heat possibly.

I use my data for all kinds of things. Downloading files, surfing the web anything i would do normally. I travel a lot and often hotels internet is so crappy i will teather instead.

Thanks man.. it works for me.... I've been trying to get this to work for a while now...

www.bargelloreal.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro