PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

R.Oryan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just cant figure it out... Unlocking Question

I used the HSPL unlocker and im sure I've followed every step and probably encountered every problem that there is. But after It finishes loading (Which is not taking 10 mins as suggested) What happens next? When I restart the phone, im not noticing any changes during the boot process. Is there something Im missing? Or...is the phone unlocked and Im just special? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I just cant figure it out... Unlocking Question

if it says CMONEX in the bootloader, you are good

Old 08-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff

I do know that on every Pro I have had, it took a couple of times for the unlocker to successfully go through. You can check if it is unlocked by holding down the "down volume" and "power button" at the same time and then push the soft reset button. This will load the boot loader as the previous post suggest.

FYI: When loading a new ROM on all my Touch Pro's, I had to initiate the boot loader and then connect it to my computer in order to get a ROM to load correctly.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I sometimes come across a Pro in my adventures that just wont unlock and the user had enabled "advanced data exchange" in activesync usb to pc settings in the stock rom. cleared that and it works fine.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Oryan View Post
I used the HSPL unlocker and im sure I've followed every step and probably encountered every problem that there is. But after It finishes loading (Which is not taking 10 mins as suggested) What happens next? When I restart the phone, im not noticing any changes during the boot process. Is there something Im missing? Or...is the phone unlocked and Im just special? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
If you are still having trouble, I am on AIM all day at work. PM me and I'll help you out.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

R.Oryan is a n00b

So, if I do the "hold the volume and power button" thing, and the boot loader screen pops up with cmonex...that means I've successfully unlocked it? Even if there are no changes to data or contacts or any of that good. Stuff. I was soo expecting that information to be gone. Now if getting that screen is my comformation, then I've had to unlocked my phone at least 10 times, lol.I guess I just need a comformation that I was successful.Also any suggestions on a ROM that will help preserve some battery life?
Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Oryan View Post
So, if I do the "hold the volume and power button" thing, and the boot loader screen pops up with cmonex...that means I've successfully unlocked it? Even if there are no changes to data or contacts or any of that good. Stuff. I was soo expecting that information to be gone. Now if getting that screen is my comformation, then I've had to unlocked my phone at least 10 times, lol.I guess I just need a comformation that I was successful.Also any suggestions on a ROM that will help preserve some battery life?
You're just "unlocking" the phone. Not doing a hard reset. You won't notice any difference.

Neways...try out different ROMs. everyone has different "needs". Mighty, Silence, Energy, SAC Warrior....they're all good ROMs.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

once you do flash to a new ROM, you will lose all information on your device.

I recommend looking for jakdillard's ROM's

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro