PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 11:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885
Question Anyway to make Sprint Touch pro work in Brazil?

K, am traveling to brazil in like 2 weeks and i been scattering for answers but so far have come empty. I was wondering if anyone has any information on getting the HTC Touch Pro from Sprint or Versizon (CDMA) to work for a CDMA carrier in Brazil (IF IS POSSIBLE). I believe brazil offers both CDMA and GSM, so any information any of you guys run across will be appreciated. I also have the Mogul perhaps i can use that phone? Now I ran across this info http://cellphoneforums.net/samsung/t...info-here.html but cant find anything like this for my 2 phones.

Last edited by jortiz12885; 08-05-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Re: Anyway to make Sprint Touch pro work in Brazil?

So I spoke to sprint, i will be able to use my phone in the country but will cost me 1.99 per minute and .20 cents per text. Now she mentioned that for DATA there wouldn't be no charge so I am hoping shes right.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
So I spoke to sprint, i will be able to use my phone in the country but will cost me 1.99 per minute and .20 cents per text. Now she mentioned that for DATA there wouldn't be no charge so I am hoping shes right.
I would get that in writing, about the data. Maybe email Sprint with what you were told and if the confirm what you were told then you have proof if you get one of those sky high bills.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

No charge for data sounds right to me. My boss went to England and granite he is on Verizon but it was about the same deal. No charge for data. The guy told me its because they have to pay the carries to use there towers for voice and send the call over seas, but they can get a deal on the data. Data is different because you don't have to go back over seas to get to it. They have internet there. I can't remember if local calls had the 1.99 a minute or not?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

When I go to Mexico, I have to pay for data...I think it's like $.005/KB...it's really cheap. I ended up paying like $7 for a couple of megs.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Interesting. I wonder why they give data away for free when it's listed on my account as a $40 add-on.

Quote:
For Samsung ACE: Unlimited GSM/GPRS and CDMA data in 110+ countries worldwide. For all other PDA devices: Unlimited CDMA data in USA, Canada, Mexico and over 10 other international destinations.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

If you get data for free I would look into VOIP, just my 2 cents
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:55 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Maybe data she's talking about is Wi-Fi. LOL There's this guy that's been charged 10's of thousands of dollars for tethering his laptop on his phone in mexico I think. He just downloaded the movie Wall-e

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 08-06-2009, 04:04 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Maybe data she's talking about is Wi-Fi. LOL There's this guy that's been charged 10's of thousands of dollars for tethering his laptop on his phone in mexico I think. He just downloaded the movie Wall-e
Yeah, that's quite possible.

If you're roaming out of the country you can guarantee that you're going to pay for Voice, Data and SMS roaming (unless you have the $40 voice plan or whatever Int'l data plans Sprint offers).
Old 08-07-2009, 09:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Anyway to make Sprint Touch pro work in Brazil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhoste View Post
I would get that in writing, about the data. Maybe email Sprint with what you were told and if the confirm what you were told then you have proof if you get one of those sky high bills.
good idea am going to send an email, i will do that just to make sure I have proof. ill open an email attachment and check the sprint website the date i arrive if am been charged as well, cause i want to use Skype, and .005/kilobytes might a small price for using 2 Megs, but with skype constant usage is a complete different story.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro