PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyway to make Sprint Touch pro work in Brazil? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77890)

jortiz12885 08-03-2009 11:10 PM

Anyway to make Sprint Touch pro work in Brazil?

K, am traveling to brazil in like 2 weeks and i been scattering for answers but so far have come empty. I was wondering if anyone has any information on getting the HTC Touch Pro from Sprint or Versizon (CDMA) to work for a CDMA carrier in Brazil (IF IS POSSIBLE). I believe brazil offers both CDMA and GSM, so any information any of you guys run across will be appreciated. I also have the Mogul perhaps i can use that phone? Now I ran across this info http://cellphoneforums.net/samsung/t...info-here.html but cant find anything like this for my 2 phones.

jortiz12885 08-06-2009 12:56 PM

Re: Anyway to make Sprint Touch pro work in Brazil?

So I spoke to sprint, i will be able to use my phone in the country but will cost me 1.99 per minute and .20 cents per text. Now she mentioned that for DATA there wouldn't be no charge so I am hoping shes right.

bkhoste 08-06-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jortiz12885 (Post 1084990)
So I spoke to sprint, i will be able to use my phone in the country but will cost me 1.99 per minute and .20 cents per text. Now she mentioned that for DATA there wouldn't be no charge so I am hoping shes right.

I would get that in writing, about the data. Maybe email Sprint with what you were told and if the confirm what you were told then you have proof if you get one of those sky high bills.

zone23 08-06-2009 02:53 PM

No charge for data sounds right to me. My boss went to England and granite he is on Verizon but it was about the same deal. No charge for data. The guy told me its because they have to pay the carries to use there towers for voice and send the call over seas, but they can get a deal on the data. Data is different because you don't have to go back over seas to get to it. They have internet there. I can't remember if local calls had the 1.99 a minute or not?

MadlyAlive 08-06-2009 03:31 PM

When I go to Mexico, I have to pay for data...I think it's like $.005/KB...it's really cheap. I ended up paying like $7 for a couple of megs.

haus 08-06-2009 03:44 PM

Interesting. I wonder why they give data away for free when it's listed on my account as a $40 add-on.

Quote:

For Samsung ACE: Unlimited GSM/GPRS and CDMA data in 110+ countries worldwide. For all other PDA devices: Unlimited CDMA data in USA, Canada, Mexico and over 10 other international destinations.

elmerfudpucker 08-06-2009 03:50 PM

If you get data for free I would look into VOIP, just my 2 cents

jethro_static 08-06-2009 03:55 PM

Maybe data she's talking about is Wi-Fi. LOL There's this guy that's been charged 10's of thousands of dollars for tethering his laptop on his phone in mexico I think. He just downloaded the movie Wall-e

MadlyAlive 08-06-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro_static (Post 1085432)
Maybe data she's talking about is Wi-Fi. LOL There's this guy that's been charged 10's of thousands of dollars for tethering his laptop on his phone in mexico I think. He just downloaded the movie Wall-e

Yeah, that's quite possible.

If you're roaming out of the country you can guarantee that you're going to pay for Voice, Data and SMS roaming (unless you have the $40 voice plan or whatever Int'l data plans Sprint offers).

jortiz12885 08-07-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkhoste (Post 1085014)
I would get that in writing, about the data. Maybe email Sprint with what you were told and if the confirm what you were told then you have proof if you get one of those sky high bills.

good idea am going to send an email, i will do that just to make sure I have proof. ill open an email attachment and check the sprint website the date i arrive if am been charged as well, cause i want to use Skype, and .005/kilobytes might a small price for using 2 Megs, but with skype constant usage is a complete different story.