PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

KCHruby is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Transfering Appointments from HTC Touch Pro to Palm Pre?

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've got a Sprint HTC Touch Pro that I use to keep track of all the family appointments; however, I'd like to be able to transfer certain appointments to a new Sprint Palm Pre.

Does anybody know of a way to make this happen? I tried using the "Beam" function but the Palm Pre couldn't find the Touch using Bluetooth (the Touch was able to find the Pre). I'm not sure that would work anyhow because reading the Touch Manual, it talks about only being able to transfer to other Windows devices.

I also tried to set up the appointment as a "Meeting" and invite others; thereby sending the request via E-Mail. The Pre wasn't able to decipher the e-mail enough to do anything with it. It gave an error message about not being able to find an application to view the file.

Does anybody else have any suggestions or will I just need to put my appointments into both phones?

Thanks for your assistance.

KCHruby
Old 08-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Offroadinmike is a n00b
Re: Transfering Appointments from HTC Touch Pro to Palm Pre?

We just added 13 Pre's. One of them wasn't being added to our exchange server so I had to figure out another way around it. If you are synced with Outlook, its actaully rather easy. Google offers a calendar sync app that will take and publish your calendar from outlook to google's magic cloud. Then, on your Pre, there is an option to pull back down the calendar to the device using Google's Calendar.

Its possible...but that is how I did it.. There very well might be an easier way to do it..
Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Transfering Appointments from HTC Touch Pro to Palm Pre?

For the meeting request, DONT open the file, simply look for the Accept button. My wifes Diamond did the same thing when she tried to open the attachment, but went back in the email and saw the Accept button once i told her about it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro