PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tehxeno is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's the difference between...

What's the difference between using a WM6.1 ROM, and a WM6.5 ROM with TF3D enabled instead of the default home screen?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: What's the difference between...

As an average user, the first things I noticed when I switched were: kinetic scrolling in most screens meaning I hardly ever needed to diddle a scroll-bar, more polished graphics, and a cluttered and annoying start menu. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that's the stuff that'll hit you right off the bat.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

start menu, some graphics, but tf3d aside tf3d is exactly the same.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tehxeno is a n00b

So if you aren't planning to use the home screen of WM6.5 there aren't really major differences other than scrolling and the start menu?
No performance differences?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehxeno View Post
So if you aren't planning to use the home screen of WM6.5 there aren't really major differences other than scrolling and the start menu?
No performance differences?
there are more stuff then that more updated sys files and other applications that dont work for 6.1, Hence why psyki is going to 6.5 he will keep his 6.1 but some stuff wont work with 6.1 deffently if you want the new and improve manila that the tp2 is going to have. My experience with 6.1 and 6.5 to me 6.5 battery last pretty long but its probably just some reg hack you can do for 6.1
Old 08-06-2009, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tehxeno is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
there are more stuff then that more updated sys files and other applications that dont work for 6.1, Hence why psyki is going to 6.5 he will keep his 6.1 but some stuff wont work with 6.1 deffently if you want the new and improve manila that the tp2 is going to have. My experience with 6.1 and 6.5 to me 6.5 battery last pretty long but its probably just some reg hack you can do for 6.1
Do you think the battery lasts longer 'cause you aren't using TF3d though?
I really like TF3D, and when I tried a 6.5 ROM I just couldn't get used to the new home screen.

I guess my main question would be...
for the cooks who have made a 6.5 and a 6.1 ROM (ex: mighty) would performance be similar for the 6.1 ROM and the 6.5 ROM using TF3D?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro