PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore
Yet another Sprint TP failed recondition

So I just recieved my 6th TP replacement. First the backing on this phone is differant than my last, on the black strip it says HTC, did not on the other one, the main material feels differant(last one was kinda rubbery) and a differant color.

Well i activate the phone, did not even add anything to it, I go to dial out a number manually, and the phone pauses, then i get an error screen with something like CTQG failure. Well I guess back to Sprint
Old 08-03-2009, 07:41 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Yet another Sprint TP failed recondition

why arent u just trying to get that one working??
Old 08-03-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

quazimodem is keeping up the good workquazimodem is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

6 replacements... wow.

It always amazes me when people post saying they've had to replace their phone that many times... replacing a phone once or twice. ok. But 6+ times? Either the REAL problem is the owner or just dumb luck. I doubt it's the latter....
Old 08-03-2009, 09:24 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazimodem View Post
6 replacements... wow.

It always amazes me when people post saying they've had to replace their phone that many times... replacing a phone once or twice. ok. But 6+ times? Either the REAL problem is the owner or just dumb luck. I doubt it's the latter....
I wouldn't be like that. Judging someone is never a good idea... To many things you just don't know.

I baby my phones. Not terribly picky at all. I have had 3 NIB replacements and 1 refurb. All had keyboard failures. Well, so far the 3rd NIB hasn't. So, cross your fingers.

The refurb is horrible. Buttons lifted by the call end button. Enter button is sunken and hard to push. Major screen wobble. Only thing good about it is that the keyboard works.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

Well Quzi the issue I have is the switch that is activated by the stylist keeps breaking, failing, or falling out. I use my phone in the field everyday, as a work phone, not an edited - bypassing language filter vibrator. Personally it was a weak design the way the switch is set.

Last edited by NinjaMom; 08-03-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Bypassing Language Filter - NinjaMom
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazimodem View Post
6 replacements... wow.

the replacements are getting worse and worse. it's like the techs have been told to just throw out anything to make quota.

and unless you've been on the recieving end of the crap they've been sending out, it's not really fair to pass judgement. typically the multiple replacements are because the one you're sent to replace the original bad unit, doesn't work properly so it goes back. then the cycle continues. and continues. and continues. it's really bad these days.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
Well Quzi the issue I have is the switch that is activated by the stylist keeps breaking, failing, or falling out. I use my phone in the field everyday, as a work phone, not an edited - bypassing language filter vibrator. Personally it was a weak design the way the switch is set.
ninjamom. please PM me what was so bad in this posting that it had to be edited. i realize i'm nobody in the big scheme of things here but i'd really like to know.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well in response to the original poster (and guidance to anyone else having to get a replacement...)

Don't go back to sprint or replace your phone based on a software problem!

If all of the hardware works then simply flash a decent stock rom to see if the problem goes away!

NEVER trade in a software issue because you more likely to get a hardware issues in return when going through insurance as they are all refurbs!

Might I also suggest that you re-program your device using your carrier's procedures for enabling a phone on their systems? (for vzw that would be *228-1 and after reset *228-2.for sprint I believe it is a ## code)

If everything else works on the hardware then thank your lucky stars and keep the unit! Try fixing the software with a rom as your better off doing that even if the phone had no issues at all!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro