PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using build os and custom packages.

I need a bit of help here. I am trying to build my own rom using SSK kitchen. I've converted some of my cabs into packages and placed them into the OEM folder of the kitchen and tried to build. I get a few errors, the first being that setupdll.dll is already in the temp folder. I locate the duplicate setupdll.dll files and I delete them and try to rebuild I get another error about cannot create some sort of .hv file.

Can someone help me with this?

The cabs that I am trying to cook into the rom are:
Fingerkeyboard 2.1
G-alarm 2.1.1
1-Calc
Beejive
Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Using build os and custom packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
I need a bit of help here. I am trying to build my own rom using SSK kitchen. I've converted some of my cabs into packages and placed them into the OEM folder of the kitchen and tried to build. I get a few errors, the first being that setupdll.dll is already in the temp folder. I locate the duplicate setupdll.dll files and I delete them and try to rebuild I get another error about cannot create some sort of .hv file.

Can someone help me with this?

The cabs that I am trying to cook into the rom are:
Fingerkeyboard 2.1
G-alarm 2.1.1
1-Calc
Beejive

.hv errors come from duplicate registry entries. it is no fun to go through the rgu files ang hunt down the duplicates, but for cabs I have had success with removing setup.dll from the cab then converting. in my experience setup.dll is used only to present EULA's.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

I use grooveROM 5 Visual Kitchen as it will automatically overwrite duplicates.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by echomatics View Post
I use grooveROM 5 Visual Kitchen as it will automatically overwrite duplicates.
yes it will but you need to be sure the duplicate you wish to be overwritten is seen before the overrider. in other words if you have the same file in every oem, the file from the very last oem applied will be used.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Quote:
yes it will but you need to be sure the duplicate you wish to be overwritten is seen before the overrider. in other words if you have the same file in every oem, the file from the very last oem applied will be used.
Correct
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
.hv errors come from duplicate registry entries. it is no fun to go through the rgu files ang hunt down the duplicates, but for cabs I have had success with removing setup.dll from the cab then converting. in my experience setup.dll is used only to present EULA's.
Does every package have its own .rgu? The packages I created do not have an rgu file. What exactly is a rgu ?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:48 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
Does every package have its own .rgu? The packages I created do not have an rgu file. What exactly is a rgu ?
rgu seems to just be registry entries, but I am pretty new at chefdom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro