PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 07:46 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a better text messaging app?

i personally hate vito sms. i actually just tried it again because i thought it might have gotten better, but it hasn't. #1 problem, it doesn't work with arcsoft mms. its also slow, lags ridiculously, and no matter what skin i tried over the course of the last hour, it was a completely terrible experience. i wouldn't mind something like smiley sms or whatever its called, that puts the iphone like bubbles into the default messenger app if it supported mms and wasn't so buggy. after having a few thousand texts in your inbox with the default app though, it tends to lag quite a bit when closing one person's thread and opening another. the top bar kinda disappears for a while, while it refreshes your list of threads. that's extremely annoying. and the size of the arcsoft picture icon in the thread is not very finger friendly if at all. i find myself pushing on it 5 or 6 times before i have to grab my stylus, which is annoying. same for the "message could not be sent" red text that resends, another thing i have to push a bunch of times. but i'd rather deal with that than the overall laggy experience with vito's software. its a nice idea, but very poorly executed.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

See, now I have none of those problems in my system (except that it doesn't display MMS & you have to retrieve them separately)

Other than that, I get absolutely zero lag either with the program itself or with the TP KB setup (That's why I like it so much). Then again, I will never have 1000 texts sitting in my folders, I can't see one single reason why anybody ever does that. I want my system to be lightning fast with no lag or waiting on a response & that's simply not possible with 1000 (or whatever) number of undeleted texts.

If I get a text that is really important (& I do all the time for work), I immediately save it somewhere else. Other than that, I delete all my old texts at least every couple days to keep everything running smooth (I would do that no matter what text program I was using).

~John
Old 08-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

MuddyPaws is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
For something that is so simple....I mean really define better!

All it needs to do is let you type and hit send....Recieve MMS and display!

I don't know maybe I'm just a minimalist! LOL

hahahahaha I know, I know.

A few things bother me. One is that I have fat fingers so clicking on the correct thread is iffy sometimes. The other is that when you go to the thread and read the last message, unless you highlight it, it still shows as unread in the counters.

The biggest thing that bothers me has nothing to do with the program really, just the way they did the messaging in WM6.1. E-Mail and Text are done by the same program. The messaging program.

So, I have WAD2 and have a theme I built. I have a button for e-mail and a button for sms. But you can't go directly to sms or e-mail. You have to go to the account picker screen and then to the text or e-mail section. This adds a click and slows things down. It just bothers me. There should be a command line argument available for that app.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:49 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
See, now I have none of those problems in my system (except that it doesn't display MMS & you have to retrieve them separately)

Other than that, I get absolutely zero lag either with the program itself or with the TP KB setup (That's why I like it so much). Then again, I will never have 1000 texts sitting in my folders, I can't see one single reason why anybody ever does that. I want my system to be lightning fast with no lag or waiting on a response & that's simply not possible with 1000 (or whatever) number of undeleted texts.

If I get a text that is really important (& I do all the time for work), I immediately save it somewhere else. Other than that, I delete all my old texts at least every couple days to keep everything running smooth (I would do that no matter what text program I was using).

~John
i do a lot of work through text messaging, and i have a lot of information and saving it all individually would be too time consuming to bother trying. in the grand scheme of things, 4 or 5 thousand texts is still absolutely zero space, and there should be a way to seemlessly access it all without problems with threaded sms enabled. but that's obviously not the case.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post
So, I have WAD2 and have a theme I built. I have a button for e-mail and a button for sms. But you can't go directly to sms or e-mail. You have to go to the account picker screen and then to the text or e-mail section. This adds a click and slows things down. It just bothers me. There should be a command line argument available for that app.
I use TF3D2.0 so I don't really have that issue but there is a fix for yours...

Yes tmail is used for all but you can add parameters to the tmail call to go to a specific account such as SMS and mail@yourmail.com.

I saw it a long time ago regarding setting up links for icons in ifonz or one of those iphone like launchers.

take a look here as it explains lots of good info on setting paramters for shortcvuts and launchers
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...sAndParameters

I don't have the issue because TF3D already makes calls using those parameters. The only thing I did was patched TF3D2 back to use default SMS app as the one inside TF3D2 really sucks!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:24 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i personally hate vito sms. i actually just tried it again because i thought it might have gotten better, but it hasn't. #1 problem, it doesn't work with arcsoft mms. its also slow, lags ridiculously, and no matter what skin i tried over the course of the last hour, it was a completely terrible experience. i wouldn't mind something like smiley sms or whatever its called, that puts the iphone like bubbles into the default messenger app if it supported mms and wasn't so buggy. after having a few thousand texts in your inbox with the default app though, it tends to lag quite a bit when closing one person's thread and opening another. the top bar kinda disappears for a while, while it refreshes your list of threads. that's extremely annoying. and the size of the arcsoft picture icon in the thread is not very finger friendly if at all. i find myself pushing on it 5 or 6 times before i have to grab my stylus, which is annoying. same for the "message could not be sent" red text that resends, another thing i have to push a bunch of times. but i'd rather deal with that than the overall laggy experience with vito's software. its a nice idea, but very poorly executed.
Definitely disagree with you. First of all you have a few thousand text messages....that's going to slow down anything that uses threaded text msgs.

I recently cleaned out about...18,000 text from my phone. And everything is running incredibly smooth.

Vito is very nicely executed. Very fast, no keyboard lag, different skins. I haven't had a problem with it.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
This setup using T+ (their version of T-9) is WAY WAY faster than using the hardware KB (+ I never have to worry about the hardware KB problems) & it always works perfectly.
just go out and buy a htc touch diamond and give me your pro. this is the reason why people buy the pro is for the HARDWARE KEYBOARD
Old 08-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp

I want one that takes over the phones messaging, vito has to be called up on its own, does it not? It doesn't integrate with the phone if i remember correctly...
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

this may help
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=543612
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

im sure enough tweaks and you can make it happen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro