PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: Sprint

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint DATA not working after restore

i recently restored a Silence 9 image and everything works except for my data -- It was working before i restored -- what settings to i need to change?

My active profile in ##DATA# is set to "1", but there are extra items in that same screen after i restore . . .
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 05-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Sprint DATA not working after restore

ok -- i hard reset, restored the image again using Sprite, this time choosing NOT to restore up the connection settings in the backup image, reset, and now i'm back with data. I'm going to continue to test this, then I will make another backup image that I know works with data.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Try installing this file. This will give you the update profile and prl option in settings menu. Then try updating your profile.
Also make sure in settings/connections/connections/sprint pcs and data point to #777.
Attached Files
File Type: cab dcd Sprint Carrier 20090109.cab (1.71 MB, 117 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I had a similar problem when I got my TP replaced back in December. Ultimately, I restored my backup as I was walking out of the store, and I didn't give enough time for the data connection to be established on my new phone prior to restoring my backup.

The hard reset did the trick for me then. Sprint couldn't help me oddly enough. So I went at it on my own!

Nothing like a little basic troubleshooting!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

so i'm back with a similar situation -- i recently updated to groove ROM 5 final and restored my settings with sprite backup (level 1 merge) -- Data was working with the Groove 5 final before I installed sprite and restored my settings/programs. after the restore my data is not working -- update profile doesn't do anything -- sprint customer service is at a loss -- the only thing that has restored my data is a hard reset, but that defeats the purpose of a backup program like sprite! anybody have any more tips?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoad View Post
so i'm back with a similar situation -- i recently updated to groove ROM 5 final and restored my settings with sprite backup (level 1 merge) -- Data was working with the Groove 5 final before I installed sprite and restored my settings/programs. after the restore my data is not working -- update profile doesn't do anything -- sprint customer service is at a loss -- the only thing that has restored my data is a hard reset, but that defeats the purpose of a backup program like sprite! anybody have any more tips?
Try these Sprint cabs:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...306#post979306
Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok it works now -- I tried the ##DATA# trick (changing the active profile from 1 to 0 and then back to 1) and that didn't yield any favorable results, so I went to connections and held down on the Sprint connection, manually making it connect. After it connected, I updated the profile in the Settings menu. good to go now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro