PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 08:10 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: I really hate 6.5's interface...

i dont flash, but i do browse in case something really grabbed my attention..

theres 6.5 roms without Titanium, and u can just disable TF to get the old 6.1 home screen... but without titanium and TF, whats the point of upgrading roms really???
Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i dunno.. i kinda disagree with a lot of people. titanium is so easy, and with very few customizations, you've got weather, apps, opera favs, fav people, etc. just flip your finger around and find what you're looking for. its a lot better than tf3d, at least from my experience with it. i tried to like tf3d, but it was just too much. the text message screen takes forever to load with over a thousand txts in your inbox, and that pretty much killed it for me, because if its going to take literally a minute just to read a text, i'd rather just go to the start menu and open the sms, which defeats the purpose of tf3d. titanium is just easy to use. the start menu, i had problems with, but i sorted the shortcuts into folders, and its actually easier to navigate than 6.1 at this point, because you can actually flip the icons up and down, as opposed to trying in 6.1, and randomly opening programs while you're trying to scroll, or using a stylus, which is annoying in itself. here's what my start menu looks like right now, its not so bad.. it fits my needs fairly well.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SkinSnap001.jpg (68.9 KB, 104 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i dont flash, but i do browse in case something really grabbed my attention..

theres 6.5 roms without Titanium, and u can just disable TF to get the old 6.1 home screen... but without titanium and TF, whats the point of upgrading roms really???
The point of having a 6.5 rom without the disagreeable bits is that I get updated system files, IE 6, and probably some bits I'm forgetting. Not a massive update, I'll grant you - But that will need to wait for WM7.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
I was under the impression that titanium was the honeycomb launcher and new-style home screen. Am I wrong? If I'm correct, can they still be turned off, even if they can't be uninstalled?

Thanks...
noo thats just a theme i do not have that in my rom its ugly and horrible design plus in my rom the programs aint all crowded like many other roms i like neatness i mean check out the pics in my thread
Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i dunno.. i kinda disagree with a lot of people. titanium is so easy, and with very few customizations, you've got weather, apps, opera favs, fav people, etc. just flip your finger around and find what you're looking for. its a lot better than tf3d, at least from my experience with it. i tried to like tf3d, but it was just too much. the text message screen takes forever to load with over a thousand txts in your inbox, and that pretty much killed it for me, because if its going to take literally a minute just to read a text, i'd rather just go to the start menu and open the sms, which defeats the purpose of tf3d. titanium is just easy to use. the start menu, i had problems with, but i sorted the shortcuts into folders, and its actually easier to navigate than 6.1 at this point, because you can actually flip the icons up and down, as opposed to trying in 6.1, and randomly opening programs while you're trying to scroll, or using a stylus, which is annoying in itself. here's what my start menu looks like right now, its not so bad.. it fits my needs fairly well.

The moment I saw that "launcher" is when I put the phone down and flashed a stock ROM, anything to get rid of it. I prefer a basic today screen for my overview. For a launcher, I prefer to use QuickMenu. It can be set up like the Start menu on a PC, with multiple folders and subfolders, which hang directly off the start menu icon. In addition, it's an extremely capable task manager, it can track memory and battery usage, it can be set to kill A/S unless connected to a PC, it can do a hibernate to recover unclaimed program memory, and it can suspend, reset, and power off the device. It's more customizable than any similar app I've seen, considering its miniscule size, somewhere less than 1 MB.

It's also free (as in beer).

I'm not a heavy texter, so just having a notification that I have new text messages waiting is fine. Ironically, I have free unlimited texting, and barely use it...

Perhaps the reason I hate the new interface is that I view it as WM bowing to the lowest common denominator. I did not buy my device because it was finger-friendly. I bought it because it could do exactly what I wanted, when I wanted, exactly how I wanted. I knew that sort of flexibility would come at the price of needing to use a stylus to reliably navigate the interface, and I accepted it.

In fact, when I pull out my phone now, unless I'm only doing something simple, such as checking the today screen, I automatically pull out the stylus along with it. I know some people complain that styluses are too easy to lose, but I honestly don't see it. I haven't managed to lose a stylus yet, across 3 generations of devices - 6700, Mogul, and TP.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Personally, I love the upgrades MS has implemented and I feel that I am able to navigate through my phone much more fluidly with WM 6.5, although I do believe 6.1 is a little faster in some situations. Anyhow, my recommendation to you is this: flash a 6.5 ROM. If you want to use the old style today sceen, you can. If you want the classic start menu, you can have that too, (you already mentioned that you prefer QuickMenu anyway-it works with 6.5 as well). That way, you can get the benefits of 6.5 while still having the comfort of the 6.1 style that you are use to and prefer. In addition, if you get curious and feel like exploring the new Titanium interface (it's quite friendly and offers a good overview of information) and/or new start menu, you can play around with that too.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Re: I really hate 6.5's interface...(Opinion Colum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Am I the only one here who really hates 6.5's interface? The home screen sucks (I prefer the pre-6.5 non-TF3D style, much more info visible at once) and the honeycomb-style program launcher just made me nauseous. I'm not kidding. As soon as I saw it, I put the phone down and started downloading a stock ROM to get this abomination off my phone.

If this is all WM has to show for years of development, I will skip the TP2 and jump to Android, pronto.

Is there a ROM around that gives the benefit of 6.5's updated files but drops the child-like interface?

Thanks....
child like interface...good thing opinion's are like a s s h.....well you get the point....I think it is far superior than 6.1 will ever be,.....but it is just my opinion

Old 08-03-2009, 10:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO!

class1c is just getting started

it's crap.. flashed 6.5 once.. will never do it agian.. to simple and ugly(.) just wanted to finally say it blows. i remember having my titan and seeing tf2d it was awesome. now i have a touch pro and the only upgrade to the homescreen is that? booo!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I personally love titanium...it's sooooo much more finger friendly and clean looking...a lot easier and attractive than TF3D....
Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I'm still using the standard today screen 6.1 on my Vogue. I have tweaked it and added some things and stopped a lot of things that were running in memory and I really have no reason to change to 6.5. The only reason I can see to switch would be because of some kind of compatibility issue with 6.1. I'm booting up with only 28% ram usage and everything runs smoothly. I guess I just like everything to work and don't go for all of the pretty stuff. I want to look at my today screen and get info. Not just stare at the pretty pictures.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro