PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tjoneil is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Master Reset?

Ok...

I have a few questions. My phone stopped receiving calls and SMS's (only in EVDO i think). I went to stock and relocked and took it to sprint.

The guy handed me the fixed phone and said he had to do a master reset. I was with my kid so I couldn't ask him what he meant.

Any idea what he did?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Master Reset?

He may have hard reset it... which means wiping the data and restoring it to factory.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tjoneil is a n00b

Which begs another question... I have always been told that a "Clear Storage" is a "Hard Reset."

Is this not true? If so... I could have saved myself 1.5 hours at Sprint.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tjoneil is a n00b

Another question... can I unlock again and go back to fun ROM'ing?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Yes you can.

Flash on.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoneil View Post
Which begs another question... I have always been told that a "Clear Storage" is a "Hard Reset."

Is this not true? If so... I could have saved myself 1.5 hours at Sprint.
True.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

he probably just did a reset in epst or reset the prfile as that usually clears any connection problems if u didnt loose any contacts or stuff

Old 08-11-2009, 09:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tjoneil is a n00b

I had already did a "clear storage" before i entered the store. Who knows what he did. I'm just glad it's back. Luckily I still had my old Centro as a backup. I guess it's not worth the 60 bucks to sell a good backup phone.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

A "Master Clear", A.K.A "Hard Reset" A.K.A "Factory Restore" can also be done by holding down the enter, VolDwn, and depressing the reset button w/ the stylus. Hold down both buttons and depress the reset button with the stylus for 5-10s, and it will warn you that a master clear has been invoked, and press VolUP to execute the operation. Press VolUp, and your phone will be restored to OOTB/ new ROM flash status. If you do this, you will lose EVERYTHING that is stored on the phone, but it will not touch your memory card.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA

Last edited by k_semler; 08-11-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think all the questions have been answered so far.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro